Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Current Average time to replace rear Diff under warranty?

Reactions
LOL at threatening to call the plant manager. Do you really think they give a ****? That’s funny….
Maybe this shithole company doesn't, but I know from experience things escalated quickly at the world's largest ag manufacturer the couple times someone called the plant manager.

But regardless, stop being an asshole all the time

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
My car has been at the dealer for two months getting a new trans and front axles covered by warranty waiting on one bolt thats on back order so good luck lol

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Maybe this shithole company doesn't, but I know from experience things escalated quickly at the world's largest ag manufacturer the couple times someone called the plant manager.

But regardless, stop being an asshole all the time
You are correct about the "Squeaky Wheel". Gets people talking at the right levels. I wonder if the differential is a vendor part or Ford manufactured? Good luck with your repairs.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #24
my dealer told me aug 28th release on the parts as well so must be some truth to it. Lets hope.

Reactions
my dealer told me aug 28th release on the parts as well so must be some truth to it. Lets hope.
I was told that as well.. Then it moved to Sept 11th. Then I found one on a dealer shelf, but the dealer told me it was $675 for shipping... I wish I was lieing... But yes, ALMOST SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS for shipping... $1.50 per loaded mile. Needless to say I've got it back now, and I'll be putting it back in.

Ford Corporate as involved, and they were no help. I escalated and the poor manager had 20minutes of me bitching him out last night before the end of his shift. My dealer flat out lied to them on a number of topics.

If anyone is in Wisconsin. STEER CLEAR OF SUMMIT FORD!!!! They have fucked up my car from day one.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Ford just sucks this st has a record of problems

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #27
Im about to call my dealer today and see if they'll work with me on a trade in for an f150, im over it...

Reactions
I hear ya. I was about to trade mine in on 21 F150 with a 5.0. I wanted as simple as possible. But with todays interest rates, I think I'll just keep it and realize that from here on out, service is on me. And it gives me a reason to get the old 1996 7.3 back into shape. Its been a trooper the last month commuting 100+mi a day, getting 20mpg.

The last straw for me was the insane shipping they wanted to extort out of me. Why ship overnight air, when you're going to not have a lift available for 3+ days. And the service manager lieing about offering me a loaner.

I was more angry at the dealership than Ford, but Ford wasn't much help either.

Reactions
Interesting that it states 3.58L Which is almost 4 quarts. Interesting that the manual calls for 1.9qts

1692405029045.png

1692404724684.png

Reactions
But....That might be the gear ratio as well... who knows. But I don't think we have a limited slip. I'll drain it tommorow and refill and see what is up

Reactions
But....That might be the gear ratio as well... who knows. But I don't think we have a limited slip. I'll drain it tommorow and refill and see what is up
That is very interesting. Intrigued to see what you find.

Reactions
BTW: It was $120 to ship it by UPS. It is crated, and weighed roughly 100lbs combined. Had it in 2 days.

And in other news. This dealer screwed up and didn't clamp the drivers side intake to turbo boot when they did the engine at 10k miles. I found out at 45-50k while in South Dakota. Brought it back for them to fix it... And they still didn't get it right.. Found that out Friday when I was putting on the AFE intake. Haven't seen excessive oil usage, so I don't think it got dusted. But will be sending out a oil sample to Fabco for good measure.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
8.8" is the ring gear diameter, 3.58 is the differential gear ratio, don't put that match lubricant in it.

First Gear Ratio (1)
Second Gear Ratio (1)
Third Gear Ratio (1)
Fourth Gear Ratio (1)
Fifth Gear Ratio (1)
Sixth Gear Ratio (1)
Seventh Gear Ratio (1)
Eighth Gear Ratio (1)
Ninth Gear Ratio (1)
NA
Tenth Gear Ratio (1)
NA
Reverse Ratio (1)
Final Drive Axle Ratio (1)

Last edited:
OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #36
Still waiting on mine unfortunately... not looking like its going to be any time soon.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #39
Just talked to Ford again, getting some run around now about the parts have been released but they arent going to drop ship them and they wont have them till the 29th of this month... some sort of nonsense to that effect. Pretty well over it. Anyone else heard anything?

Reactions
Just talked to Ford again, getting some run around now about the parts have been released but they arent going to drop ship them and they wont have them till the 29th of this month... some sort of nonsense to that effect. Pretty well over it. Anyone else heard anything?
Wow, so it won't be until October!?!

Explorer ST Posts