Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Code P051D

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Not sure if I should of started a new thread or not but, is anyone tuned and needed the FADA upgrade done? (leaking and throwing codes) would I need to go back to stock for my garage to update the AWD module to the latest software for the new part? thanks in advance!
Should not have to. I have updated a number of modules. So long as it’s not the ecm you are gtg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
21STBlkout
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #22
Should not have to. I have updated a number of modules. So long as it’s not the ecm you are gtg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! good to hear, now I just need the parts list from ford for the FADA fix and Ill be good to go, thanks very much!

hbalek

Reactions
Not sure if I should of started a new thread or not but, is anyone tuned and needed the FADA upgrade done? (leaking and throwing codes) would I need to go back to stock for my garage to update the AWD module to the latest software for the new part? thanks in advance!
My car drives like shit now for the past month after the FADA "upgrade." Next oil change I'm gonna have them look at it again. No tunes, bone stock here.

OP
21STBlkout
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #24
My car drives like shit now for the past month after the FADA "upgrade." Next oil change I'm gonna have them look at it again. No tunes, bone stock here.
Hmm, I hope I dont have any issues. supposedly its the "fix" to the older style disconnect FADA that leaks. Id rather not put a new (older style disconnect) one back in and have the same issue down the road. What are the issues you are having with it?

hbalek

Reactions
Hmm, I hope I dont have any issues. supposedly its the "fix" to the older style disconnect FADA that leaks. Id rather not put a new (older style disconnect) one back in and have the same issue down the road. What are the issues you are having with it?
Low speed acceleration is not smooth almost feels like it's stalling sometimes and you can feel the torque going to the front even on a light throttle tap. The power delivery is just not smooth anymore. They reset PCM after the repair/deletion of the FADA. I think they missed some step in the process. Supposedly they test drove it but not sure how long it was actually driven.

OP
21STBlkout
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #26
Low speed acceleration is not smooth almost feels like it's stalling sometimes and you can feel the torque going to the front even on a light throttle tap. The power delivery is just not smooth anymore. They reset PCM after the repair/deletion of the FADA. I think they missed some step in the process. Supposedly they test drove it but not sure how long it was actually driven.
Good to know, Ill be on the look out when I get it done to see if I have any issues as well. Thanks for the feedback!