Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Borla Exhaust Upgrade

Reactions
It's the best one. Great choice!!!
Installed my S type. I guess I’m getting to old but if it was a hair quieter I would like it better. That being said, I still like it better than stock. Plus it looks a hell of a lot better! Jim

KegsBdry

Reactions
Installed my S type. I guess I’m getting to old but if it was a hair quieter I would like it better. That being said, I still like it better than stock. Plus it looks a hell of a lot better! Jim
When I find it annoying, I typically switch over to ECO mode. It lowers the fake engine noise from the speakers. Leaving you with just the sound of your exhaust. It might help.

At least it matches the fake engine sound coming out of the speakers now. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions
When I find it annoying, I typically switch over to ECO mode. It lowers the fake engine noise from the speakers. Leaving you with just the sound of your exhaust. It might help.

At least it matches the fake engine sound coming out of the speakers now. :ROFLMAO:
That would work but I already deleted that with Forscan. Thanks for the thought! Jim

KegsBdry

Reactions
That would work but I already deleted that with Forscan. Thanks for the thought! Jim
What else did you alter with Forscan?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Anyone notice little Fibre Glass “fibers” on the rear of the vehicle after installation and putting some miles on the new system?

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I forgot to ask one question about this system... aside from the Heat shield bolts, is there any other points that could cause rattles? I did torque the clamps to 36 foot pounds like the manual instructed although I feel this is a little too weak but I’m no expert on torque specs for stainless steel.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Anyone notice little Fibre Glass “fibers” on the rear of the vehicle after installation and putting some miles on the new system?
Just residual crap inside the mufflers from fabrication. As long as there’s no fiberglass streamers out the back it’s fine.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thank you for the reply. I figured it was just that and hopefully it will subside with more drive time. Sounds good and looks good though.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thank you for the reply. I figured it was just that and hopefully it will subside with more drive time. Sounds good and looks good though.
I had a little as well. It’s normal

2020 Explorer ST - Storm Trooper Build

Borla S-Type Exhaust | SPD Downpipes | Vossen HF-5 | Michelin PSS Tires | Speeda Rear Sway | Turbosmart BOV | Rear Wiper Delete | Clear Bra | Tinted Headlights | H&R Springs | Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel | Custom Front and Rear Emblems

KegsBdry

Reactions
YES! After a real long drive, I a lot of the back window covered in these little Fibre Glass fibers (almost like little white hairs). I tried looking under the car to see if something was 'degrading' from an updraft of wind or rain. I'm guessing here. But I couldn't find anything.

Do you think this could pose a problem long term? As in something is slowing degrading.

Reactions
It went away after a few weeks of driving

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I installed mine and drove from the San Antonio to Houston and back same day and it stop shorty afterwards

2020 Explorer ST - Storm Trooper Build

Borla S-Type Exhaust | SPD Downpipes | Vossen HF-5 | Michelin PSS Tires | Speeda Rear Sway | Turbosmart BOV | Rear Wiper Delete | Clear Bra | Tinted Headlights | H&R Springs | Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel | Custom Front and Rear Emblems | UPR Catch Can | SPD thermostat

Reactions
Yeah I was wondering what that was but was chalking it up to al the random road construction all over the city going on right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Changing the subject just a bit. If anybody out there still thinks the Borla S is still a little bit loud, I installed A set of Borla’s stainless bullet resonators just behind the center muffler. The sound in my old mind is perfect! Sounds much better than the singer sewing machines we all bought. By the way you cannot see them from behind as they are only 3.5 in diameter. Jim 8DCEBAB0-1782-4461-8125-B84DD9ECA5FF.jpeg

KegsBdry

Reactions
Changing the subject just a bit. If anybody out there still thinks the Borla S is still a little bit loud, I installed A set of Borla’s stainless bullet resonators just behind the center muffler. The sound in my old mind is perfect! Sounds much better than the singer sewing machines we all bought. By the way you cannot see them from behind as they are only 3.5 in diameter. Jim View attachment 1822
Can we get a video? I'd like to compare to my Borla S sound. Is it a lower tone?

KegsBdry

Reactions
Yeah I was wondering what that was but was chalking it up to al the random road construction all over the city going on right now

Do we know where it's coming from yet?! It's got to be something under the vehicle pulled up on to the back window by the back draft.

Reactions
Do we know where it's coming from yet?! It's got to be something under the vehicle pulled up on to the back window by the back draft.
Well I’m thinking it’s something inside of the exhaust that comes out after installation but after a bit of driving I’ll say 25-50 miles haven’t seen it since

Reactions
Can we get a video? I'd like to compare to my Borla S sound. Is it a lower tone?
Not lower but a tad quieter but still makes a statement! Will try in the next couple days to get my wife to hammer on it. Lol