Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Borla Exhaust Upgrade

Reactions
I’m looking forward to hear the sdp downpipe with the s type exhaust !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I’m looking forward to hear the sdp downpipe with the s type exhaust !

Have the S type on hand ready to be installed (going to paint the mufflers first). SPD should be shipping any day.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Well I’m thinking it’s something inside of the exhaust that comes out after installation but after a bit of driving I’ll say 25-50 miles haven’t seen it since

I've driven 1000 miles since my Borla S modification. But I'm still seeing these little fibers on my back window. :mad: That's why I suspected it was from something under the SUV.

Reactions
I've driven 1000 miles since my Borla S modification. But I'm still seeing these little fibers on my back window. :mad: That's why I suspected it was from something under the SUV.
We expecting a bad thunder storm today in nyc tomorrow I’ll see after a quick wot drive do a little before and after pic

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Do we know where it's coming from yet?! It's got to be something under the vehicle pulled up on to the back window by the back draft.
I already answered that. It’s fiberglass packing material left over from the manufacturing process. It’ll all blow out the pipes and it’ll be gone eventually.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I already answered that. It’s fiberglass packing material left over from the manufacturing process. It’ll all blow out the pipes and it’ll be gone eventually.
It has been a couple months & 1000+ miles. That's a LOT of packaging!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Changing the subject just a bit. If anybody out there still thinks the Borla S is still a little bit loud, I installed A set of Borla’s stainless bullet resonators just behind the center muffler. The sound in my old mind is perfect! Sounds much better than the singer sewing machines we all bought. By the way you cannot see them from behind as they are only 3.5 in diameter. Jim View attachment 1822
Damn!!! Can you PLEASE post a sound clip or video so we can hear it? The fit and weld joints look great too

Reactions
Damn!!! Can you PLEASE post a sound clip or video so we can hear it? The fit and weld joints look great too
Will try to get out to a road outside of town tomorrow morning and give it a rip!

Reactions
These are not the best but it will give you an idea. Cold, warm and running down the road. Jim

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Nice! In the last one while it’s in your garage when you are reving it you can hear the snaps and pops.... I like it. I’m sure once it’s “Broken In” the sound will be even better.

KegsBdry

Reactions
These are not the best but it will give you an idea. Cold, warm and running down the road. Jim
Great videos! Sounds great.

Love the color!

Reactions
Sounds amazing!

Reactions
Changing the subject just a bit. If anybody out there still thinks the Borla S is still a little bit loud, I installed A set of Borla’s stainless bullet resonators just behind the center muffler. The sound in my old mind is perfect! Sounds much better than the singer sewing machines we all bought. By the way you cannot see them from behind as they are only 3.5 in diameter. Jim View attachment 1822
Do you have the part number for these resonators?

Thanks

Reactions
Thank you. I like the sound now but curious what yours sounds like.

If you go back a few posts there is 4 vids off iPhone. There not the best but it will give you an idea! Jim

skooty

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I don't think this is accurate. I, too, had the fiber particles all over the rear of my Explorer within a day after installing the Borla S-type. I took a small road trip to visit family and I thought there was something from trees or grass on the road (since I wasn't in my home-area), but the fibers continued to collect on the rear window long after I was back home and had a couple washes. I stuck my finger in the exhaust tips and pulled out a large clump of fiber particles lodged in the lip of the exhaust tip. I contacted Borla, sent some photos, and they told me one of the components (resonator or muffler) must have broken open inside. Thankfully, they sent me a whole new system which I recently installed. I still have particles on my rear window but I haven't had time to thoroughly wash the car. I'm hoping this new system doesn't have the same issue.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I don't think this is accurate. I, too, had the fiber particles all over the rear of my Explorer within a day after installing the Borla S-type. I took a small road trip to visit family and I thought there was something from trees or grass on the road (since I wasn't in my home-area), but the fibers continued to collect on the rear window long after I was back home and had a couple washes. I stuck my finger in the exhaust tips and pulled out a large clump of fiber particles lodged in the lip of the exhaust tip. I contacted Borla, sent some photos, and they told me one of the components (resonator or muffler) must have broken open inside. Thankfully, they sent me a whole new system which I recently installed. I still have particles on my rear window but I haven't had time to thoroughly wash the car. I'm hoping this new system doesn't have the same issue.

A whole new system or just the resonator? Seems odd they sent a whole new system. I hope nothing else becomes broken due to the result of these fibers building up.

KegsBdry

Reactions
There's also this thread: https://www.explorerst.org/threads/borla-s-type-glass-fibers.782/

Explorer ST Posts