Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Bang and Olufsen opinion?

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Not really. When we judge SQ systems there’s a very rigid set of rules to judge by. Good is good and bad is bad…but it’s really not subjective.
My point being not everyone tests by that same standard, most don't know what that is. What rules those are.

I don't have a frequency analyzer to say the Ford B&O doesn't hit certain frequencies, but the Jeep GC Harmon Kardon system does. All I know is my ears hear the sound clearer in the Jeep.

If someone is a very light user, never changes the AM/FM station on their commute they would argue B&O is great vs someone who plugs in a high quality USB drive and listens to a specific genre of music already knowing what it should sound like on a high end audio system.

I argue it is subjective but again IMHO.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Not really. When we judge SQ systems there’s a very rigid set of rules to judge by. Good is good and bad is bad…but it’s really not subjective.
Ehh disagree for the majority of people. Your average person doesn’t know those rules. It’s just like in photography. People like punchy colors, high contrast photos, etc. that doesn’t objectively make a picture better. In fact those factors arguably make a photo less objectively accurate and “good”. But people perceive it as good. Just like with sound systems. Often times give it a bunch of bass and loudness and people will thing it’s good.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Ehh disagree for the majority of people. Your average person doesn’t know those rules. It’s just like in photography. People like punchy colors, high contrast photos, etc. that doesn’t objectively make a picture better. In fact those factors arguably make a photo less objectively accurate and “good”. But people perceive it as good. Just like with sound systems. Often times give it a bunch of bass and loudness and people will thing it’s good.
Music should be played as the artist intended it to sound…they’re the only ones IMHO that get to make that decision. If the playback sounds the same as the original recording…it’s correct. Anything else, isn’t. Admittedly I’m a SQ snob…I can’t deal with MP3’s and compressed trash.

Exploderst

Reactions
what factory stereo is better that this??? don't worry ill wait...… the answer is no stock system beats it.
Is this serious? Literally almost any stock BMW and Audi system at this price range sounds better. My 2016 Golf R with 7 speakers sounded better. There are a lot of cars out there with much less muddy sounding systems. If you were kidding then carry on. LOL

Reactions
Music should be played as the artist intended it to sound…they’re the only ones IMHO that get to make that decision. If the playback sounds the same as the original recording…it’s correct. Anything else, isn’t. Admittedly I’m a SQ snob…I can’t deal with MP3’s and compressed trash.
Yup agree 100% . I only use wav & flac. Huge sound difference from all that compressed stuff when you play it on a tuned system.

Blaster7Romeo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I think the Sony system in my 2013 platinum super duty is better ..

Reactions
FWIW - I found that connecting the usb cable and using the streaming app Tidal made a big difference in audio clarity.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
what factory stereo is better that this??? don't worry ill wait...… the answer is no stock system beats it.
Easy, the B&O in my 2018 Audi Q5 blew this one away. The sub was actually “too much bass” when turned up. The ST B&O is trash.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Easy, the B&O in my 2018 Audi Q5 blew this one away. The sub was actually “too much bass” when turned up. The ST B&O is trash.
That guy made a video showing how to upgrade the ST sub and actually siliconed some random sub into the oem enclosure. I wouldn’t worry too much about his opinions on audio. lol

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
That guy made a video showing how to upgrade the ST sub and actually siliconed some random sub into the oem enclosure. I wouldn’t worry too much about his opinions on audio. lol
lol fair enough.