Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Bad MPG

CareerFiremanGuy

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Definitely a negative. The pennies "saved" on fuel will be eaten up by battery and starter replacements.
I think it's FORD trying to bring up their overall fleet MPG numbers, and not so much an owner cost savings thing ...

icedotholla

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I average 9.8 MPG with city driving.

I'm in NYC...

OP
P
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer St
Thread Starter #45
Yeah
Something is very very wrong with your vehicle and it needs to be taken into your dealer ASAP. There is severe friction occuring somewhere in your driveline (anything wrong with the engine would be throwing codes left and right), you are severely out of alignment, or a brake is dragging and continuing to drive this vehicle is only going to make those things worse. Even when mine was BRAND new (< 20 miles on the odometer), I still got 16+mpg. 8 is beyond belief. Don't leave the dealership until they either find the issue and correct it, or they give you a new Explorer.[/QUOTE
I HAVE APT NEXT WEEK. I will stand my ground. I just thought it may of been common. I heard some crazy numbers for the hellcat so I was in awe.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Are you possibly a comedian? Any chance you are the type of person that brakes with their left foot and forgets that they are pressing the brake continuously?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Are you possibly a comedian? Any chance you are the type of person that brakes with their left foot and forgets that they are pressing the brake continuously?
If you press the Gas and brake peddle at the same time, The Dash pop up with a message saying "Reduced Engine Power” .

CareerFiremanGuy

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
If you press the Gas and brake peddle at the same time, The Dash pop up with a message saying "Reduced Engine Power” .
Unless you're at a standstill, which is power braking.;)

KegsBdry

Reactions
I used to only drive in Sport mode and could not get the MPG under 14.5.
Either something is causing friction to slow your vehicle down or you got something else wrong with the vehicle.
Leave it at your dealership or the next one down the road to have it diagnosed. The window sticker does not say 8mpg CITY.