Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Back-up Camera Issues

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
My Ford pass mobile app doesn’t show the notice. I logged into ford.com and went to my account and that’s where it shows the recall.
I don't have a notice as of yet. But if I check using my VIN number it shows the recall. Not to concerned but will be getting an oil change soon and I'll ask my service advisor about it.

Lak

Reactions
My Ford pass mobile app doesn’t show the notice. I logged into ford.com and went to my account and that’s where it shows the recall.
Same for me. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
I don't have a notice as of yet. But if I check using my VIN number it shows the recall. Not to concerned but will be getting an oil change soon and I'll ask my service advisor about it.
Same here I’m scheduled for a free oil change on March 27 and will hit them up then, hell I may even have them do a sync update for me so they can update the damn Ford server system which I can’t seem to be doing on my own.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I saw it when logged into the ford website. Not the app. I have a 22 that has never had the issue. I will for sure be demanding that ford NOT install this update. Not sure why 22s are even included on this update.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Found mine on the website too, thanks for the heads up.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
I saw it when logged into the ford website. Not the app. I have a 22 that has never had the issue. I will for sure be demanding that ford NOT install this update. Not sure why 22s are even included on this update.
Ditto for my 22. Don't fix what isn't broken.

hbalek

Reactions
My 2020 didn't have the issue until about 10,000 miles or so or about 11 months. Then it got worse and worse. Then they updated the software which didn't fix it. So they replaced the camera about a year ago. It's been better but still get the blue screen for a second or 2. Before it was blue until restart. I just logged into Ford account and here it is:

1675304307672.png

Last edited:

hbalek

Reactions
Ditto for my 22. Don't fix what isn't broken.
That's exactly what I did back in late 2021. Then it started happening more and more frequently so I took it in for the recall early 2022. Interesting that this one is another software update. But if it happens again after the update, they will have to replace the camera again.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
So let me understand from reading this post. I also have a 2022 and haven’t experienced any issues. Is it best not to have the update done?

Man with all this electronic bullshit it’s amazing I was able to get old driving cars that had foot operated highlights window crank handles and eight track tape players

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So let me understand from reading this post. I also have a 2022 and haven’t experienced any issues. Is it best not to have the update done?

Man with all this electronic bullshit it’s amazing I was able to get old driving cars that had foot operated highlights window crank handles and eight track tape players
I absolutely would not have this done on your 22. Between the forums and all the Facebook pages, I have yet to hear from anyone with a 22 that has had this issue.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
My 2020 didn't have the issue until about 10,000 miles or so or about 11 months. Then it got worse and worse. Then they updated the software which didn't fix it. So they replaced the camera about a year ago. It's been better but still get the blue screen for a second or 2. Before it was blue until restart. I just logged into Ford account and here it is:

View attachment 16395
I'm having the same issues

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
I absolutely would not have this done on your 22. Between the forums and all the Facebook pages, I have yet to hear from anyone with a 22 that has had this issue.
Can’t thank you enough for this. I don’t need any more headaches.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Can’t thank you enough for this. I don’t need any more headaches.
I had the blue screen issue pop up on mine a few days ago for the first time. I have a '22 and will certainly have the recall work done when I get my notice.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just received the Recall notice on the screen the other day. Have my rig scheduled for Wednesday to fix a TPMS sensor that keeps faulting and trying to get reimbursed for my rear HVAC control. They said that they would not give me the rear control as I asked. The tech said he had to clear the recall so wouldn't just hand it to me but they would work to get me a refund for purchasing and doing it myself. We will see how that goes. But I plan to tell them to NOT DO anything regarding the rear camera since I haven't had any issues since taking delivery June 1st.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Just got my recall done Friday on my 21’ ST. Let’s hope update fixes it for good. Receipt states:

RECALL BACKUP CAMERA BLUE SCREENCAMPAIGN/NHTSA#
23S02/23V022
PERFORMED FSA 23S02

Reactions
I've never had camera issues, but the recall was done on Thursday. I had it in because the passenger seat trim broke and they messed up the right rear alignment after the rear subframe replacement.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

BillyChode

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Anyone having issues with the front camera going choppy when switching from the split 360° view to full screen? It is a bit annoying.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
For those that got the recall 23S02 performed, how long did it take for the dealer to do it? Between the accident and the car going to the detailer for ceramic/roof wrap, we feel like this car is always going somewhere lol... According to the document it can take a half day or maybe longer..

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
For those that got the recall 23S02 performed, how long did it take for the dealer to do it? Between the accident and the car going to the detailer for ceramic/roof wrap, we feel like this car is always going somewhere lol... According to the document it can take a half day or maybe longer..
LOL ......... that's what it says for the rear HVAC control recall too. I think it's standard recall language because the rear controls takes literally 10minutes to swap out.

Can't talk to the camera recall as I told the dealership to skip it since I have yet to have any issues with mine and I've read that if it's not broke - don't fix. Some have had issues after recall that didn't before! So I'll wait..............

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I just had this done yesterday. Took a little over 30 minutes.