Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Back-up Camera Issues

Reactions
I haven't had any blue screen issue with mine (2020), but I also don't upgrade the firmware..

Probably a glitch in the matrix within the newest written firmware update..

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Hi sir, besides replacing the camera what else is needed?
Well Ford performed the original recall and has replaced my camera three times, the last two times I got the blue screen the next morning. So I'm not the one to ask haha! But the camera doesn't take long to replace from the rear, but it sounds like Ford hasn't figured out the blue screen issue either. I have the second recall letter but not a lot of confidence in the outcome. I'll get it done with my next oil change and keep my fingers crossed.

Lak

Reactions
Yep. I have another appointment this week. To check the recall that didn’t work.
It’s pretty sad they haven’t figured this out yet. Seriously.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Yep. I have another appointment this week. To check the recall that didn’t work.
It’s pretty sad they haven’t figured this out yet. Seriously.
Good luck!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
When scheduling service the dealer said I had a recall (23S02 shown in both my FordApp and recieved a letter) and asked if I wanted that performed as well. Tomorrow is my service and I just received a message from the dealer saying "Unfortunately we do not do this recall anymore."

Anyone have any insight as to why and if it is also an NHTSA# are they able to refuse to do it?

BTW, never have had any issues with a 10/21 date on door sticker.

GTchick

Reactions
When scheduling service the dealer said I had a recall (23S02 shown in both my FordApp and recieved a letter) and asked if I wanted that performed as well. Tomorrow is my service and I just received a message from the dealer saying "Unfortunately we do not do this recall anymore."

Anyone have any insight as to why and if it is also an NHTSA# are they able to refuse to do it?

BTW, never have had any issues with a 10/21 date on door sticker.
I actually just dropped mine off this morning for the camera recall, catalytic converter recall, and to check again on my possessed rear hatch situation. They said they are no longer doing the recall because there is a virus in the software update. They got notified yesterday. I said, "Well, apparently, NHTSA isn't aware of it, because I just checked my vehicle by VIN and it's still on their website."