Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Back-up Camera Issues

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I just had this done yesterday. Took a little over 30 minutes.
I had an appointment and arrived a few minutes early. Took 1:45 which means they let it sit for more than an hour.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
To those that had the latest recall, keep us posted whether it worked or not

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I had an appointment and arrived a few minutes early. Took 1:45 which means they let it sit for more than an hour.
Maybe their tech is really slow.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
To those that had the latest recall, keep us posted whether it worked or not
I'm hoping I won't tell a difference as I wasn't having an issue before.

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
I absolutely would not have this done on your 22. Between the forums and all the Facebook pages, I have yet to hear from anyone with a 22 that has had this issue.
I have had blue screen on the backup cam twice in the last few weeks on my 22...

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I have had blue screen on the backup cam twice in the last few weeks on my 22...
First I’ve heard of it. Is it just the backup cam or ALL the cameras.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions

hbalek

Reactions
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...-ford-explorer-360-degree-camera-blue-screen/

I just had the recall done on Tuesday. Got the notice in the mail today.
I got my notice in mail today. I had the camera replaced a year ago along with the last recall software update. It is working fine most of the time but it's weird that when it goes blue for a few seconds it's usually during rainy/wet conditions. Maybe just a coincidence or there's a problem with moisture.

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
First I’ve heard of it. Is it just the backup cam or ALL the cameras.
It has been only the backup cam, the rest of the 360 cams work. Both times it has happened when I was backing into my space at work in the morning and been fine when I go home in the evening and back into the driveway

hbalek

Reactions
It has been only the backup cam, the rest of the 360 cams work. Both times it has happened when I was backing into my space at work in the morning and been fine when I go home in the evening and back into the driveway
I have actually had one of my side cameras go blue once or twice in the last 6 months but I never had it checked out because the next time I used it, the camera was back.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...-ford-explorer-360-degree-camera-blue-screen/

I just had the recall done on Tuesday. Got the notice in the mail today.
Thanks. Yeah I saw on my mail email delivery notification I was getting something about a recall.

But this is different than the recall for the blue screen for previous 2020s and 2021s? Or is it the same thing. ultimately since I’ve never had the issue, I don’t want them touching anything.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks. Yeah I saw on my mail email delivery notification I was getting something about a recall.

But this is different than the recall for the blue screen for previous 2020s and 2021s? Or is it the same thing. ultimately since I’ve never had the issue, I don’t want them touching anything.
This is different than the first recall. They reprogram the IPMB to the latest calibration. So far it's working fine. But I didn't have but one blue screen before having the first recall done. None since. I had it done as my ST was in for other service and it didn't take long.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Mine's a '22 built in September. I got the recall letter today. I've only had it a couple of months and have not had any issue with the rear camera.

I won't be taking it in for this unless something changes.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
It lasted 8 days. First the automated backup assist error popped up yesterday. Now the entire screen camera viewer is blue as if all cameras are down rather than just the backup camera.

PMA

Reactions
I had the latest recall update done on Feb 9 after 3 previous attempts to fix it. I have not had the recall notice as of yet but the dealer called me to advise they had an update for the latest recall.

I am still having issues since the latest recall repair.

Rear brake assist error message and the top portion of the screen is now all grey vs a blue area shown in the rear camera view.

I have not taken it back yet.

Lak

Reactions
Didn’t fix the issue for me either. Had the recall done about 2 weeks ago. I still get the blue screen regularly.
Just had it again today.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
We had the recall work done last week and it took about 30 minutes. Only had the blue screen once prior but will update if this didn't fix it.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I'm having the same problems after the recall and a new camera. 4th time it has been in the shop for this issue.

Hbellizzi

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford explorer st 2021
It's less than 30 minutes if you do it yourself.
Hi sir, besides replacing the camera what else is needed?