Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Back-up Camera Issues

rainking6

Reactions
Is anyone else having this problem? Sometimes when I go into reverse it says my backup camera isn't working and it's blued out on the screen and the back view of the 360 is blued out as well.

It first happened about a month ago, not it's happened 3-4 times a week. I've been hesitant to take it to the dealer because odds are they won't be able to replicate it in that moment since it's still intermittent, although becoming more frequent.

Has anyone else had this and gotten it fixed? If so, what was the problem? I'm more apt to call the dealer if I can tell them a documented fix.

Reactions
I am having the same issues. Blue screen and it’s occasional not consistent. I am worried I do the same by taking it to the dealer and they not see it. Thinking about taking a video when it does and providing that to them.

Let me know what they say if you find out first.

thanks

Reactions
Having same issue... got blue screen twice already...Restarting the car seems to reset it.

Reactions
I’m taking mine in on Tuesday afternoon for the rear camera replacement. Will post findings after finished. Just so you know it did take my dealer 3 weeks to get the replacement. Jim

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Any time you get a problem, I would recommend taking a picture with your smartphone. Even if intermittent, it is not normal and the camera should probably be replaced. I have never had a blue camera view on my 2020 which I've had over a year.

Reactions
Any time you get a problem, I would recommend taking a picture with your smartphone. Even if intermittent, it is not normal and the camera should probably be replaced. I have never had a blue camera view on my 2020 which I've had over a year.
I also have had mine for over a year and the blue screen started 5 weeks ago. Did exactly what you said. Took pic showed service advisor and she immediately ordered part.

Reactions
Dealer replaced camera yesterday. Drove it for a couple hrs. No problems! 4332EC5D-FE8D-4B54-8129-90C5B9C53F5D.jpeg

SickST

Reactions
Showed pictures to the dealer and the they ordered a replacement , waiting for replacement to come in since the part was out of stock .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DHollis

Reactions
Bought my ST July 10, 2020. Just took it in, with pic of screen. Dealer viewed 4 codes, said it was not doing it...so could not fix it. Bring it in next time, will check codes, Maybe it will call out specific part. Dealer agreed it is a known problem...so round n round we go.

Reactions
Bought my ST July 10, 2020. Just took it in, with pic of screen. Dealer viewed 4 codes, said it was not doing it...so could not fix it. Bring it in next time, will check codes, Maybe it will call out specific part. Dealer agreed it is a known problem...so round n round we go.
Did you by chance show them the work order I posted above?

Reactions
Just happened at 600 miles. Is there a TSB on this? I will take the work order in and that article once I can get ahold of someone tomorrow.

Last updated on: 12/16/2020

No Recalls or Field Service Actions found

Reactions
Numerous news reports about it but I have yet to receive a TSB notice. Probably awaiting enough preplacement parts for the dealers. I have to either restart my engine or open and close the rear hatch for it correct.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ford-f-150-explorer-mustang-recall-backup-camera/

I plan to have it done in a few months the next time tie ST goes in for service.

hcwebb07

Reactions
Been having the same issue on an off since beginning of December. Now happening once a day at least. Sometimes restarting my car works but not always. Called the service department, I already have an appointment next Tuesday for the driveshaft recall. My service department says I am the 1st ST owner they have talked to but have had other models with similar. Bringing in the photos of the issue with me, I hope to not get any grief getting this fixed.

Reactions
We've been having this problem as well for awhile now on and off. Dealer hasn't really been too interested in fixing it.

Just recently it changed and now we've gotten all four cameras with a blue screen, not just the rear.

ASmith

Reactions
Mine is doing it too, started after the last snow storm. Probably an irrelevant note there, I work for GM and those have the same problem lol

Reactions
Ours has been fixed. They replaced the rear camera and all has been well since.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Zakyman

Reactions
Been having this issue since the car was delivered in Nov19. three camera's replaced later and still having the issue. Local Ford dealership has told me that Dearborn does not know what the problem is.