Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Back-up Camera Issues

Reactions
Ford factory recall # 21S44 issued 9-23-2021 addresses this. It states that “An unused general purpose output pin on the digital camera was left open. If this pin is not pulled low it may be affectedly by leakage current, resulting in a loss of video output.” Letters will be sent to owners of 2020-2021 Aviator, Explorer and Corsair vehicles.

Reactions
I had the camera turn blue, common issue.
Pulled it off, cleaned the contacts.
Plug in Forscan and reset dtc associated with that fault.
All good now

Reactions
I had the camera turn blue, common issue.
Pulled it off, cleaned the contacts.
Plug in Forscan and reset dtc associated with that fault.
All good now
Hey
There wouldn't be a manual with that would there? I mean Plug in Forscan? What?
Reset DTC? associated with that fault? What?

Reactions
Hey
There wouldn't be a manual with that would there? I mean Plug in Forscan? What?
Reset DTC? associated with that fault? What?
Dtc caused by module that controls those cameras.
Google Forscan, it do all kind of advance stuff.
Awesome tool .

Attachments

Reactions
Ford factory recall # 21S44 issued 9-23-2021 addresses this. It states that “An unused general purpose output pin on the digital camera was left open. If this pin is not pulled low it may be affectedly by leakage current, resulting in a loss of video output.” Letters will be sent to owners of 2020-2021 Aviator, Explorer and Corsair vehicles.
UPDATE: just had our 2020Lincoln Corsair corrected per this new recall notice yesterday and today it still had the blue screen problem. Taking my ST in tomorrow for the same thing. I’ll update.

Reactions
UPDATE: just had our 2020Lincoln Corsair corrected per this new recall notice yesterday and today it still had the blue screen problem. Taking my ST in tomorrow for the same thing. I’ll update.
Please do

Reactions
Dtc caused by module that controls those cameras.
Google Forscan, it do all kind of advance stuff.
Awesome tool .
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what your screen shot is telling me nor how to go about fixing the blue screen. Could you maybe elaborate more on solving the problem?
Thanks

Reactions
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what your screen shot is telling me nor how to go about fixing the blue screen. Could you maybe elaborate more on solving the problem?
Thanks
It's showing dtcs associated with camera module faults.
Either use Forscan or dealer scan tool, to reset them.
That has worked for me.

Reactions
Just talked to Ford dealer about the recall. I mentioned about replacing the camera but they said it was a program update. We'll see........

Reactions
Just talked to Ford dealer about the recall. I mentioned about replacing the camera but they said it was a program update. We'll see........
I dropped off my vehicle yesterday for other warranty work and before I left the advisor told me there was this recall, it's a software update only so they are going to be doing that while it's in the shop.

Reactions
As long as it does not require replacing a computer chip which they do not have or have any idea when it will be available.

TheJonse

Reactions
I started getting the usual blue screen and took it into the service department this week.

The advisor confirmed the recall is only a reprogram. They completed that update and it did not solve the problem.

In my case the issue has been traced to the IPMA module. These are on back order and will be a couple of weeks until they get the parts. So I have my car back but it no longer has lane keep assist, blind spot assist and all the functions associated with the forward facing camera - all of these worked fine before my visit!!

Reactions
My back-up screens have occasionally gone blue. My Ford phone app recently notified me of a recall: "2020-2021 aviator, explorer, corsair: rear/360 camera IPMB blue screen" So that's probably it.

Reactions
I started getting the usual blue screen and took it into the service department this week.

The advisor confirmed the recall is only a reprogram. They completed that update and it did not solve the problem.

In my case the issue has been traced to the IPMA module. These are on back order and will be a couple of weeks until they get the parts. So I have my car back but it no longer has lane keep assist, blind spot assist and all the functions associated with the forward facing camera - all of these worked fine before my visit!!
They did same to mine. But the problem persists. I guess I’m waiting for parts.

TheJonse

Reactions
The new parts made a difference for a couple of days then the blue screen of death came back. Only had the one incident though. Whilst it is not a regular problem I am going to wait it out to see if they update the fix before I take it back again.

Reactions
The new parts made a difference for a couple of days then the blue screen of death came back. Only had the one incident though. Whilst it is not a regular problem I am going to wait it out to see if they update the fix before I take it back again.
Great....
I`m taking mine in on Monday for this recall but sounds like I should probably not even go through with it as I don`t need anymore issues than I already have lol.
On a more positive unrelated note, the service will also include the installation of my down pipes finally :)

Reactions
Our 2020 Lincoln Corsair goes back to the dealer this Thursday for round 2 of this recall. My 2021 ST was just corrected with this recall and seems to be fine so far.

Reactions
I had updated my IPMB module already sometime in August in an attempt to fix a slew of camera related DTC’s to no avail. 4 codes still present, and blue screen after shifting into reverse very intermittently. Decided to give up trying to diag it because most of these things are software related on Ford’s end. Tried to complete the recall today for shits and giggles only to find the module was already at the current version. I contacted the Ford hotline and am waiting to hear back what their suggestion is because I’m sure this isn’t the first they’ve heard of this, as with all the nonsense issues explorers are having.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
I took mine in this week and they kept it for two days, said they 'Calibrated' the IPMB module. So far so good but I've only had it back for two days, we'll see long term!