Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Audio system prep...sound deadening project.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
That has to be the fastest anechoic chamber I've ever seen lol. Nice work, I don't plan on going that far with it but I'm sure you didn't either.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
Once I cut holes in the floors I was all in I guess. lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
If I wanted to have some general road noise reduction, and was only 10% as handy as you and/or as willing to pull every panel off, what would you recommend to focus on? Which areas?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Unbroken, you're a sick, sick man.
Love it.

I'm irked by the massive amount of road noise and will consider some deadening, but knowing myself - I could develop such a sickness, just because of deadening.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #28
About what I figured. Was looking at getting a 30'x5' roll.
That a little heavy…mine was 25’ and I had plenty to spare. Not a lot extra…but a comfortable margin.

Reactions
That a little heavy…mine was 25’ and I had plenty to spare. Not a lot extra…but a comfortable margin.
What did you use to glue it? I think they called for Super 90, but I have some Weldwood Landau that works for just about anything.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #30
Lots of places I just laid it in and let gravity do its job. Where I did need it to stick I just used Super 77. That stuff is super light…it doesn’t need much to hold it on until the panels are back in place.

Explorer ST Posts