Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone get frustrated with people thinking you are a cop?

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
I'm used to it, as it's what I do for a living. The funny part is when in uniform going to work and people think my blacked out ST is dept. Issued, I tell them I wish they gave us these!!

Reactions
I'm used to it, as it's what I do for a living. The funny part is when in uniform going to work and people think my blacked out ST is dept. Issued, I tell them I wish they gave us these!!
Didn’t ford said they gave interceptors the st engine specs? I thought I was to help with car chases and to keep up with “tuned vehicles”?

Magician

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
My ST is carbonized grey and is a close enough match to NC State and I see it all the time, even had one slow down but not move over and after I went around on the right he sped up passed me and gave me the finger.

It is kind of funny but can be a pain on anything less than multi lane roads.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Didn’t ford said they gave interceptors the st engine specs? I thought I was to help with car chases and to keep up with “tuned vehicles”?
Most are the 3.3L Hybrid V6. Some have the 3.0EB. And at least with the OC Sheriff, my friends there say all with the 3.0EB have the Whipple intercooler, not the little shit stock one.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Im with IL. DOC so we get new chargers and left over cars from IL state police. We still have some crown vics in service, along with Impalas? 150k and still going ,

Reactions
Im with IL. DOC so we get new chargers and left over cars from IL state police. We still have some crown vics in service, along with Impalas? 150k and still going ,
impala 150k miles seems low as hell what that cop just sits around? Haha dam how you going to catch us going 160 in a ST?

Reactions
No they get out of my way especially when I go to work and have my uniform on most of the time I wear regular clothes and they still move over. We have one explorer 2014 with 136k and one 2012 Taurus with 148+K with engine idle hours she has about 750k. She can still do 130 mph if she needs to.

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Did Ford cure the ill handling around 110mph that several PD's complained about with the Gen5? Chippie told me they settle down again at 120mph, but were "more than a bit sketchy" between 110-120.

Reactions
Best part is when they realize you're not a cop and get mad at you lol.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
No they get out of my way especially when I go to work and have my uniform on most of the time I wear regular clothes and they still move over. We have one explorer 2014 with 136k and one 2012 Taurus with 148+K with engine idle hours she has about 750k. She can still do 130 mph if she needs to.
A buddy of mine on the job had a car assigned to him, a crown vic with 160k. Then at 230k the Trans went. He thought they were gonna scrap it and was super pissed when they slavaged a Trans from another and gave it back to him.

Reactions
A buddy of mine on the job had a car assigned to him, a crown vic with 160k. Then at 230k the Trans went. He thought they were gonna scrap it and was super pissed when they slavaged a Trans from another and gave it back to him.
New York taxi's would go 750K miles or more before they would finally die.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Haha, it's mostly a great thing! It can be annoying on city roads, but on the highway when everyone continously gets out of the way, I love it. I've also noted flashing people just one time makes them freak out and moved over instantly....especially Prii.
When I brought mine home and pulled in the driveway people in the neighborhood thought that the cops were here at my house lol it was to funny!! They all came out of their house to see what was happening lol

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
I hadn't thought much about that....but now that you mention it, I can see why folks might think that. That's the Alabama state flag on the front license plate on mine. I always had an Alabama flag plate on the front of my F350, but I think I might take it off the Explorer....because law enforcement often has that on their vehicles too. Given the gray color (most undercover and Alabama Trooper Explorers around here are gray, black or sliver)...and the front tag....might appear too similar to law enforcement. I've already noticed lots of people slowing down in front of me in just the few days I've owned it. Maybe I'll put a retired Air Force plate on the front instead...........

20220602_191543.jpg 20220602_191552.jpg

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
"Anyone get frustrated with people thinking you are a cop?"

Heck no! I've had more people try to race me in the ST in two months of ownership than I did in 3 years of owning a Stinger GT.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
"Anyone get frustrated with people thinking you are a cop?"

Heck no! I've had more people try to race me in the ST in two months of ownership than I did in 3 years of owning a Stinger GT.
Too funny. I have yet to run into anybody that wants to race. Unlike my 700HP CTS-V. Man all kinds would want to run whether they had a 4 cylinder with a fart can to a Corvette, to a Tesla P90. My wife used to hate driving with me because every 10 minutes somebody wants to go. One day on the highway three Mustangs came screaming up from behind me then immediately speed checked to beside me. My wife said " don't even think about it" and I put my balls back in her purse for a while:ROFLMAO:

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Too funny. I have yet to run into anybody that wants to race ...
It seems I can't go for a calm evening ride without someone aggressively hanging on my tail! So far, a nasty sounding Stang, two Mercedes coupes, a BMW and a couple of other cars. Nobody ever did that when I had my Stinger GT, I figure it's because no one wanted to tell people they got beat by a KIA. Lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST