Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone get frustrated with people thinking you are a cop?

PhilST

Reactions
Its kind of funny. They slow down and get out of the way on highway, just to realize that its not a police car. Once they realize this, they usually speed up and get back in front of me.

ASmith

Reactions
So I am looking to by an ST and really like silver. My one hesitation is people thinking you are a cop and driving below the speed limit in front of you. Anyone with a silver ST that experiences this to the point where you wish you bought a different color?
We have definetly run into this, plus I have had Stateys and Town cops wave to us. Ours is Iconic Silver, which I love because I don't have a garage bay to put it in. I wouldn't change my color decision at all, for the amount of times I have gotten annoyed its trivial.

Reactions
Nah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phileas

Reactions
It’s funny mine is blue and even with that color I got a few situations such as me being in the right lane cruising groovy exactly at speed limit (family trip with my young kids - defensive drive style) and someone fast on the left lane slowing down at my level, checking who is in the car and then hitting the gas pedal again. Hilarious [hihi]

Reactions
Yes ................

ford explorer police interceptor.jpg

Last edited:

KegsBdry

Reactions
It has been fun pulling up quickly behind someone and watch them pull out of the fast lane. That works 90% of the time.

But there are a few drivers that slow down to the speed limit and create a wall (unable to pass). :rolleyes:

Reactions

My windshield looking this dark dosent help much. They move super quick. And this was 35% tint the rest of the car is 5% so it makes it look super dark from the outside

KegsBdry

Reactions

My windshield looking this dark dosent help much. They move super quick. And this was 35% tint the rest of the car is 5% so it makes it look super dark from the outside

I could not get away with that dark of tint in DC. Nice touch with the license plate bumper blocker.

Reactions
I could not get away with that dark of tint in DC. Nice touch with the license plate bumper blocker.
Really I’m usually down there a lot and the cops the first to give me a thumbs up about it. Then again it’s probably because they know I’m not from the area from my plate. So they don’t stress it

Reactions

Just snapped this pic. Top half is a little visor strip of 50% over the 35% as a visor of sorts for when the sun is beaming directly in.

KegsBdry

Reactions

Just snapped this pic. Top half is a little visor strip of 50% over the 35% as a visor of sorts for when the sun is beaming directly in.

Nice pic!

I tried to get the tint shop to do this across the top of the front windshield. But they said they can only do the ^ shape, I'm not a fan. I like it flat across the top.

Reactions
Nice pic!

I tried to get the tint shop to do this across the top of the front windshield. But they said they can only do the ^ shape, I'm not a fan. I like it flat across the top.

Thanks. You mean like this? This is what I did fresh put the dealer but that was 5% visor strip as I hate flipping down the visors in the car.

hbalek

Reactions
Love that architect Calatrava! Great view out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE\

Wes

Reactions
I've had more than a few mistake my black ST for a police vehicle. I kind of enjoy it on occasion, especially with an aggressive or rude driver. A quick acceleration behind them and/or a flash of the bright lights often induces a mild heart attack for them.

Reactions
I get a big laugh when people come flying up beside me on the freeway then slow down to match my speed. I wear a plain blue jacket so they are sure I’m a ghost car cop.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
The cop effect is REAL and when I notice it, it's quite hysterical...