Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone get frustrated with people thinking you are a cop?

Reactions
With mine being black, I get mistaken for a cop car all the time.

KegsBdry

Reactions
With mine being black, I get mistaken for a cop car all the time.
I like it and hate it too. I'm always on the look out for people hitting the brakes a bit ahead of me (maybe they have seen a cop up there). Nope! They were braking because they saw me in the rearview mirror. Ugh.

Last edited:
Reactions
LOL! The ultimate car for the ultimate wannabe.

Reactions
Not mine but we should all get these lights for the upcoming Holiday season lol.
119124891_3407766082612888_2078876970342294962_o.jpg

KegsBdry

Reactions
Not mine but we should all get these lights for the upcoming Holiday season lol.
View attachment 1964
FIrst Cop car I've seen as an ST.

I like the hidden light bar above the license plate. I was looking into getting one of those, but I get the feeling it would significantly block cold air to the engine. It does match up nicely with the ST's horizontal fog lights.

Anyone know a part # and how to wire it up?

hbalek

Reactions
FIrst Cop car I've seen as an ST.

I like the hidden light bar above the license plate. I was looking into getting one of those, but I get the feeling it would significantly block cold air to the engine. It does match up nicely with the ST's horizontal fog lights.

Anyone know a part # and how to wire it up?
One of the PD's in Montgomery County, MD has a black ST unmarked with lights in a bar behind the windshield inside and blacked out windows. Possibly the chief of police!

Reactions
I had more issues with my 2016 Explorer in Granite Grey. Here is Pennsylvania the State Police went from White to the exact Granite Grey for their Explorers, My 2020 ST is Star White so not as much of an issue as it was before.

Reactions
We don't have many blue cop cars here, so not so much for me. I wish though lol.

slope

Reactions
They get out of my way on highways but go the speed limit on secondary's.
Probably has saved me some tickets though.

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Crown Vic drivers of old had the same problem, if you can really call it that. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reactions
Actually had a trooper on 95 follow me into a rest stop cause he thought it was the new one headed for the station

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gymrat

Reactions
What is the difference in the tune of the police ST and our STs?

Reactions
The interceptor versions have beefier suspensions and brakes. They have a more classical instrument cluster. I've heard rumors their speed governor is like 10mph faster or something, but they're way heavier from all their equipment.

F=MA

Reactions
Use to get that with the black and the white one but now I would need a fire truck behind me to pull it off with the red one.

BRISKI

Reactions
Haha, it's mostly a great thing! It can be annoying on city roads, but on the highway when everyone continously gets out of the way, I love it. I've also noted flashing people just one time makes them freak out and moved over instantly....especially Prii.

Reactions
Occasionally people slow down or get out of the way when I get behind them - mine is all black with pretty dark tint and blacked out emblems. I'm shocked however how many people fly by me in passing lane, since aside from extra antennas on some police cars mine looks very similar to them. I debadged the ST on the rear so even moreso. I love the look of this push bar and how the light aligns with the fog lights - may get it installed and then I really think people will move.

Attachments

Reactions
More so at night than day.... but I’m kind of loving it. Anytime I see individuals rushing up the highway I catch up and instantly they slow right down it’s comical.

On the other hand people just get out of my way . Which is great also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk