Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone else getting crazy good mpg?

KegsBdry

Reactions
Yes 93 Oct. Yes there was a lot hills.
Funny you should say that. I have to drive between Pittsburgh & Washington DC for work fairly often. There are a lot of hills on that drive. I am getting almost a 3mpg difference when driving there compared to driving back.

Pittsburgh Elevation: 1,370 ft

Washington DC Elevation: 409 ft

Reactions
Increased the tire pressure to 40 psi from 34 psi and mileage up to 27+ highway. Ambient temp right now runs between 74 and 85 F. When temps start getting over 90 F in summer, I will run a lower psi.

Floxx

Reactions
We're stay at 19.9 mph 93 octane. 2021 with only about 500 miles or so. No real highway driving for any length of time yet. My wife takes it to work every day and it's 2 lane country roads. No major hills. her drive is about 12 minutes (lucky her) I drive on the week ends and let's just say I like to blow the carbon out :) Gonna sign up for the driving class and that should get us some real highway miles. It's about an 8 hour drive.

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Got 400 miles on it just buzzing around here in the country. 10 miles to town. 20 miles to church.
Getting 20.2 mpg according to computer. I do feel like it will do the 24 mpg on the highway.
I'll know tomorrow, 40 mile drive to big town.

Jim

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Just drove 40 miles to town.
Reset computer to 0.

When I exited it was 23.3

75 mph on 93 gas.

I'm ok , would like to see a little better.

Jim

Reactions
Just drove 40 miles to town.
Reset computer to 0.

When I exited it was 23.3

75 mph on 93 gas.

I'm ok , would like to see a little better.

Jim
The REAL MPG is about 1.5 to 2 MPG lower than what the trip computer says on the instrument panel. Just yesterday my dash said 18.5 and actual MPG was 16.3 MPG.