Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

aFe Momentum GT CAI

Reactions
Thanks guys. Looks like i lucked out.
I was thinking about getting some high heat paint and painting the afe tubes red or blue. To dress it up a little bit.
I'm having mine hydro dipped. Stay tuned! ;-)

Killface0

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
So I have the exact tube in the inset picture in the directions(2020 Explorer). It says "order a new tube from the dealer". Yeah that's cool and all but what do you do with the sensor? Or are they just making you order a new tube to get the new connector so you can jam half the tube onto the front side of the sensor so you can attach it to the new intake? As you said up there, could you just rip out the orange and put in a blue and NOT order a new $50 tube?
1643814661194.png

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Sorry, I’ve reread this thread a few times and I’m still a bit unsure. I think I should be good with these connectors, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe you are looking at the wrong hoses the ones you put in the picture

Those are coming from the Intercooler to the intake.

Reactions
I believe you are looking at the wrong hoses the ones you put in the picture

Those are coming from the Intercooler to the intake.

After looking at the snip from the aFe instructions above, I believe you are correct! I'll remove the photos from my post to avoid further confusion.

A second look at the correct hose and I think I'm good. Two orange quick-disconnect connectors and no sensor. 12/8/21 build.

Last edited:
Reactions
Of course my explorer has the pressure sensor on the vent tube. I’m having trouble finding the part. Anyone know a website that is selling them?
Do you think it can be replaced with the tube with out the sensor?

I called a local dealership they said they have it on back order but they couldn’t tell if it has the sensor on it.

I looked at my ST (10/19 build date). I have the tube w/ the pressure sensor. The orange (permanent) connector on the crankcase side, and on the other end is a blue quick connector. I also just looked at parts.ford .com and found this:

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/transmission/powertrain-engine-parts/tube-13683769-1

I think that's the tube? If it is, then I already have that tube... couldn't I just keep the one end attached to the crankcase, and just disconnect the other end?

Reactions
I feel like I’m losing it, lol. This quote from the aFe instructions makes it seem like the ORANGE connections are the quick connect:

AFE Instructions said:
NOTE: The crankcase vent tube may have either a permanent or quick release connector at one or both
ends (as shown - orange connectors).
Yet the text exchange with aFe indicates the opposite.

I’m likely just misinterpreting the sentence from the instructions. I have two orange connections and no sensor.

Burts st

Reactions
I looked at my ST (10/19 build date). I have the tube w/ the pressure sensor. The orange (permanent) connector on the crankcase side, and on the other end is a blue quick connector. I also just looked at parts.ford .com and found this:

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/transmission/powertrain-engine-parts/tube-13683769-1

I think that's the tube? If it is, then I already have that tube... couldn't I just keep the one end attached to the crankcase, and just disconnect the other end?
Yes I read it wrong originally. I thought just because I had the sensor I thought it needed to be replaced but as long as the connector on the intake tube is blue you’re all set. With or without the sensor

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
So since these are out and being used. What are the difference or comparison in hp and Intake noise difference between these and febfab. Trying to decide which way to go and looking for opinions on hp differences and noise.

Reactions
OK so if I have orange up top and blue down low I'm good to go with install right?

Reactions
I absolutely cannot get this turbo intake tube off. What’s the secret?

Reactions
So I installed it today. Took me about 3.5hrs.
I would suggest checking to make sure you have ALL the parts first. Then install the pieces into the new parts
IMG-4070.jpg

Starting to take everything out, passenger side is a BREEZE
IMG-4076.jpg

This part....the clip that connects to the turbo on the drivers side.....PITA. Had to use vise grips, zip ties and a lot of force wiggling to get it off...
IMG-4074.jpg

Despite what the instructions said....the little plastic pieces on the bottom of the stock airbox, didn't just come out. I was standing on the engine bay pulling with no joy.....so I drilled them out
IMG-4079.jpg IMG-4080.jpg

Stock box vs the AFE box
IMG-4078.jpg

Going back together is the reverse, and the passenger side was again the easiest. Drivers side proved to be a PITA...AGAIN. new boot to turbo AGAIN. Contortion and liberal use of my hobbit hands helped. Not sure I'll ever be able to reach the clamp to get it off PLUS I dropped a tool, so I got to find that

BUT it's done, and looks great

finnish.jpg

Reactions
OK I'm done and I feel pretty good about everything but the bypass valve connector. That thing was so hard to reattach that I'm certain it's going to fall off at some point.

I'm taking it in to repair the faulty axles tomorrow so I may ask them to check it when they have it up on the lift.

Reactions
Ok. Not sure if it’s the butt dyno or an actual increase but it sure does feel “faster” and “more powerful “

Plus you can definitely hear the turbos. And maybe the exhaust sounds louder

Wholdy

Reactions
Ok. Not sure if it’s the butt dyno or an actual increase but it sure does feel “faster” and “more powerful “

Plus you can definitely hear the turbos. And maybe the exhaust sounds louder
I cannot wait to install. You are getting me too excited

Wagner1539

Reactions
Put mine in last night. The old hose with sensor worked for me......I thought it would be an hour job took me over 2, with so much in the engine compartment and big hands was a little difficult. I see a little performance out of it, but havent driven much yet.