Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2023 Ford Explorer Order Guide

BLVDBroker

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Looks like Multicontour seats are back if you get an upgraded Tech pack. I appreciate them deleting them out of my "just delivered" 2022.

Reactions
Sync 3 still, looks like nothing has changed.

OP
R
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer Platinum
Thread Starter #4
*Cosmetic Non-Functioning Fog Lamp Credit

What is that, sounds like they‘ll add the Fog Lamps (housing) without the wiring and bulbs? That’s really odd!

Last edited:

TGoodman

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
The ST Line bugs me. It's like drinking a BigK cola instead of a real Coke haha

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
Notice the roof rack side rails are back to being standard equipment.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
Looks like Multicontour seats are back if you get an upgraded Tech pack. I appreciate them deleting them out of my "just delivered" 2022.
It does not mean you can get the seats. The later versions of the 2022 guide were like this. It is just a way of separating the seats so they can say that option is not available, but you can get the lesser option. This way it does not show them as "deleted".

Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Ford Flex
I am with you. They should have called that one a "SPORT" Funny, one dealer near me who I didn't order mine from as they tried to markup the ST I wanted by $5K+ / I mentioned to the salesman who would by an ST-line when you can have the real deal for a little more, he said "ME" haha. My ST should be in my hands in 1-2 weeks !! when he said that I could only think of Caddy shack when rodney dangerfield looked at the hat smails had on in the proshop, If you buy a hat like that you get a free bowl of soup ( or something like that ) haha

Reactions
I am with you. They should have called that one a "SPORT" Funny, one dealer near me who I didn't order mine from as they tried to markup the ST I wanted by $5K+ / I mentioned to the salesman who would by an ST-line when you can have the real deal for a little more, he said "ME" haha. My ST should be in my hands in 1-2 weeks !! when he said that I could only think of Caddy shack when rodney dangerfield looked at the hat smails had on in the proshop, If you buy a hat like that you get a free bowl of soup ( or something like that ) haha
A buddy of mine got a Roush mustang about a year ago I was so hyped.....it was an RS. still very nice cool car beautiful lines but not much quicker then my Malibu honestly. Still nice but a bit deceiving and a lack of that lovely mustang exhaust note

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
but in the ST line they do the red stitching on the seat, ( i think thaT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE ON THE st )

jayjay21

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 pos st
2023 model year and STILL Sync Gen3! Especially in the ST where the screen space is poorly optimized.

Sync Gen3 was a bastardized 2012 Chrysler uConnect that Ford/Harmon rushed into production to replace the defective design MyFordTouch (Sync Gen2) system.

What happened to Sync Gen4? Oh, hold on, new management and we'll skip and go with Google and stay with the super buggy, engineering update abandoned Gen3 for 2023.

I'll pass on ANY Ford vehicle vehicle with a buggy, retired/abandoned Sync GEN3 Infotainment system.

Last edited:

Badst

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st iconic silver
Well it's nice they finally added red seat stitching ,that will look really nice on certain exterior color combinations

newsvt17

Reactions
Vehicle
17’ Focus RS
Going through the ordering process and Ford isn’t offering the premium technology package currently. Total bummer

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST (Canceled)
Going through the ordering process and Ford isn’t offering the premium technology package currently. Total bummer
I placed my order on August 24th and my dealer just called me and asked me if I'd be willing to drop it to try and get a build date. Right now, I am willing to wait for it, but concerned I will eventually just get the vehicle without it, regardless.

newsvt17

Reactions
Vehicle
17’ Focus RS
I placed my order on August 24th and my dealer just called me and asked me if I'd be willing to drop it to try and get a build date. Right now, I am willing to wait for it, but concerned I will eventually just get the vehicle without it, regardless.

I’m feeling the same way. I’d be more than happy to wait but I feel at this point the trucks just won’t come with these options. I really wanted the Multicontour seats! Lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
dang really , I placed my order on Aug 2nd right when the order banks opened up and mine has the Premium tech pack. I am sorry to hear that they are not offering it anymore .

G65

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I placed my order in April, I ordered premium package, but contour seats, 2nd row climate controls and tail gate foot sensor were taken off and was given credit. Just saw 2 dealer orders from July, one is on its way and the other is in production and sticker shows contour seats and no credit for 2nd row climate controls, so I’m assuming controls are installed. I don’t get how people who ordered early in the year aren’t getting these things but 2 July order are. Makes no sense!

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Notice the roof rack side rails are back to being standard equipment.
If that is the case, I will not be ordering a '23. I really have no need for a rook rack and love the look without the rails. Much cleaner!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST (Canceled)
If that is the case, I will not be ordering a '23. I really have no need for a rook rack and love the look without the rails. Much cleaner!
I was able to order my '23 without the rails. I agree, it's a much cleaner look if you don't use them.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I was able to order my '23 without the rails. I agree, it's a much cleaner look if you don't use them.
Are you sure you can order a '23 ST without the rails. I tried to order today and dealer told me they were standard and can't remove.