Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2023 Ford Explorer Order Guide

drdroo

Reactions
Vehicle
NA
Dang that sucks that there deleting it. My 2023 was ordered on aug 3rd 2022 and picked up 6 months later on feb 3rd 2023 and mine came with the massage seats and there are amazing!
Would've been great and I don't think there's an easy way to add them later. Probably the harness is there and some work in FORSCAN could activate them or something, but not so sure it makes any financial sense. Since they had no ETA for when the commodity hold may end, I decided to place the order anyway.

It'll be leaps and bounds above my current work vehicle, which is a 2016 XLT.. That XLT has 136K on it and aside for a few minor things, has 'just worked'. My Ford Touch is garbage, but I never got around to upgrading the hardware to SYNC 3.

be prepared to wait 6-8 months from ordering to delivery! just a heads up for un needed headache of thinking it will be here eariler
Yeah they basically said 3-6 months was the number they expect right now. I did ask a status a week or so ago with Ford Performance and it's 'unscheduled/clean' so at least it's 'in there'.
They didn't bring up anything like LTE Hotspot credit, Rear Climate controls, etc. I'm hoping for the most part it'll come as requested but without massage seats or Rear Seat DVD (since I didn't order that one feature).

I'm excited though. I definitely didn't want to 'cave' and get a FCA or a GM vehicle.

Mackdaddy

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST replaced my 2022 that was totaled
Well, I was lucky until mine 2022 Carbonized Gray was totaled with about 1200 miles on it, however the Avatar is my new 2023 Carbonized Gray, which my dealer gave me a heads up that it was coming in about the time my insurance Co. kicked me out the rental. The new one already had the twin moon roofs in it and roof rails. And a front bumper tag and the only difference was it cost me $4000 more interest rate went up between Dec. 22 and March 23 and I hate the roof rails, but love my replacement 2023 ST in Carbonized Gray.

OP
R
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer Platinum
Thread Starter #43
Has anyone heard about any Job#2 delays or changes, wasn‘t sure if there any current build constraints?

drdroo

Reactions
Vehicle
NA
This is the latest that I was sent recently regarding my build that was submitted around Feb 15, for what it's worth. The dealer sent this to me.

When I contacted Ford Performance today, they said it's 'unscheduled - clean' still.

Attachments

OP
R
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer Platinum
Thread Starter #45
Has anyone heard any updates here, there definitely seems to be some production delays this month (May), just not sure why though?

drdroo

Reactions
Vehicle
NA
Has anyone heard any updates here, there definitely seems to be some production delays this month (May), just not sure why though?
Not since my last post in late April. 23rd week of the year is the 2nd week of June. I should be getting my next '45 day update' soon. So far I'm still in Unscheduled/Clean.