Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2023 Ford Explorer Order Guide

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST (Canceled)
Are you sure you can order a '23 ST without the rails. I tried to order today and dealer told me they were standard and can't remove.
All I can speak to is my particular 2023 order that was placed on August 24th. I ordered my Explorer without rails. 100%. But I have received nothing from Ford since that order date and am still waiting on a build date. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ford had changed things and now you can't order one without rails. I've already been called by my dealer and asked if I would drop the Premium Tech package because Ford is having a hard time getting parts.

Reactions
Vehicle
Are you sure you can order a '23 ST without the rails. I tried to order today and dealer told me they were standard and can't remove.
I just received another phone call from my dealer and I can no longer get the Explorer without rails and I also have to drop the Premium technology package in order to get a build date. It will be interesting to see what else is removed from my original order before I receive the vehicle.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I just received another phone call from my dealer and I can no longer get the Explorer without rails and I also have to drop the Premium technology package in order to get a build date. It will be interesting to see what else is removed from my original order before I receive the vehicle.
Both of those removals will almost certainly push me to wait till 2024 and see if there are more/better changes. At this point, we have no issue with our 2019 Expedition Stealth Edition. Or pull the pin and buy a Lincoln Aviator in the Jet Black package as it seems they are not removing features according to a couple dealers.

Reactions
Vehicle
Both of those removals will almost certainly push me to wait till 2024 and see if there are more/better changes. At this point, we have no issue with our 2019 Expedition Stealth Edition. Or pull the pin and buy a Lincoln Aviator in the Jet Black package as it seems they are not removing features according to a couple dealers.
After doing additional research on what is involved in removing the roof rails and the scarcity of parts, I cancelled my order today. The inability to order an ST without the roof rails was the deal breaker. I decided to go with the Durango SRT instead.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
After doing additional research on what is involved in removing the roof rails and the scarcity of parts, I cancelled my order today. The inability to order an ST without the roof rails was the deal breaker. I decided to go with the Durango SRT instead.
Booooooooooo. (n)

Exsadlow

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I placed my order in April, I ordered premium package, but contour seats, 2nd row climate controls and tail gate foot sensor were taken off and was given credit. Just saw 2 dealer orders from July, one is on its way and the other is in production and sticker shows contour seats and no credit for 2nd row climate controls, so I’m assuming controls are installed. I don’t get how people who ordered early in the year aren’t getting these things but 2 July order are. Makes no sense!
They removed Active Park Assist 2.0 from the 401a package also and made it a $350 option. I picked up my st and noticed it missing no credit no notice nothing..i didn't really want it anyway but i did pay for it in the original order as part of the package unfortunately i took delivery of it before I noticed it missing.. Called the dealer said he would get back to me by the end of the day..4 days later still no call why bother ordering options ford is just going to send what they feel like anyway. the whole process is very frustrating. Then you see the advertisements for Ford order the car you want and we'll lock in the price they should add "then we'll give you the options we think you should have" it's like when the model T came out you can get any color you want as long as it's black. Love the ST but this will be my last Ford even with employee pricing.

LincDawg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
They removed Active Park Assist 2.0 from the 401a package also and made it a $350 option. I picked up my st and noticed it missing no credit no notice nothing..i didn't really want it anyway but i did pay for it in the original order as part of the package unfortunately i took delivery of it before I noticed it missing.. Called the dealer said he would get back to me by the end of the day..4 days later still no call why bother ordering options ford is just going to send what they feel like anyway. the whole process is very frustrating. Then you see the advertisements for Ford order the car you want and we'll lock in the price they should add "then we'll give you the options we think you should have" it's like when the model T came out you can get any color you want as long as it's black. Love the ST but this will be my last Ford even with employee pricing.
I just noticed the same today without realizing when I took delivery. Also don't really care about the park assist, but I should have been notified or provided a credit..

Jarsa3oh3

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I’m sorry to hear that happened. The same happened to me with no notification or credit. I love my st but I to am thinking this might be my last ford

Jarsa3oh3

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just noticed the same today without realizing when I took delivery. Also don't really care about the park assist, but I should have been notified or provided a credit..
They also failed to say that the camera washers are no longer part of the deal. Apparently they took this out in 21. They definitely didn’t mention it when I ordered. I’m starting to wonder if it’s more than ford

Jarsa3oh3

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
They also failed to say that the camera washers are no longer part of the deal. Apparently they took this out in 21. They definitely didn’t mention it when I ordered. I’m starting to wonder if it’s more than ford
Like are other auto makers having similar problems

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Also finally noticed no active park assist, my old ford came with it in the 401a package so I did not bother to look for the feature on top of the 401a. Not sure how much I would use it but def not happy it was removed.

Jarsa3oh3

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Looks like Multicontour seats are back if you get an upgraded Tech pack. I appreciate them deleting them out of my "just delivered" 2022.
dang really , I placed my order on Aug 2nd right when the order banks opened up and mine has the Premium tech pack. I am sorry to hear that they are not offering it anymore .
Also finally noticed no active park assist, my old ford came with it in the 401a package so I did not bother to look for the feature on top of the 401a. Not sure how much I would use it but def not happy it was removed.
ya same here. When I ordered in February of 22 it said it was in tech package but when mine was delivered it didn’t have it

Mackdaddy

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST replaced my 2022 that was totaled
Guess I'm lucky I have Active Park assist, no roof rails on my 401A package, I just picked it up on 12/22/2022, so far, I'm loving it, Carbonize Gray Metallic.

Reactions
Have the massage seats returned for 2023? I've heard that more recent builds have two bolts in the rear, can anyone confirm?

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Have the massage seats returned for 2023? I've heard that more recent builds have two bolts in the rear, can anyone confirm?
The Ford website indicates that they are available on the 2023.

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
The Ford website indicates that they are available on the 2023.
When I ordered in late November I was told Ford would not let the dealer select the option.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
The Premium Technology package with massage seats has never gone away from the Dealer Order Guide. Instead, they created the Technology package without the massage seats as an additional option. This way they can order/build one or the other depending on what parts are available, and there will be no "massage seats deleted" shown on the window sticker.

drdroo

Reactions
Vehicle
NA
Massage seats aren't available due to 'commodity hold' as of a few weeks ago when I placed my order. I had to drop from the Premium Tech to the regular (which the only difference is the massage seats) to get the order to go through. I was told anything else was ok and my order is waiting to be scheduled.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Massage seats aren't available due to 'commodity hold' as of a few weeks ago when I placed my order. I had to drop from the Premium Tech to the regular (which the only difference is the massage seats) to get the order to go through. I was told anything else was ok and my order is waiting to be scheduled.
Dang that sucks that there deleting it. My 2023 was ordered on aug 3rd 2022 and picked up 6 months later on feb 3rd 2023 and mine came with the massage seats and there are amazing!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
be prepared to wait 6-8 months from ordering to delivery! just a heads up for un needed headache of thinking it will be here eariler