Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ZFG93 baseline

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Just curious, did you ever make it to the 11 second 93 tune pass? I'm working toward a consistent 12.00-12.03 second 93 tune pass now.
If we had been trying at a different time of the year…I have no doubt. It was July/August in south Texas so probably could t have picked a worse time. It went 12.0 and we threw in the towel because I was doing other mods and moving to E50.

Reactions
If we had been trying at a different time of the year…I have no doubt. It was July/August in south Texas so probably could t have picked a worse time. It went 12.0 and we threw in the towel because I was doing other mods and moving to E50.
Understood. Thank you for sharing. I have no doubt that Adam will get me dialed in, performance wise. The rest will be up to driver, surface conditions and weather.

Reactions
What are you guys doing to hit 12 flat with a 93 tune? Adding a splash of ethanol?

Radguy

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring
What are you guys doing to hit 12 flat with a 93 tune? Adding a splash of ethanol?
60 oz bottle of Absolut vodka in the tank!! Makes it run and feel sooo much better!!

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I agree, it is a stupid question ...
Let me guess, Santa still delivering coal to your stocking? Lol

Reactions
I did it brother (My time is on the left)! Thanks to continuous tune revisions, great weather and a perfect launch, we got this ST into the 11's on a 93 tune (Running an E26 blend). I ended up taking 2nd place at Street Car Takeover Rockingham this past weekend, in the 12.0 index class.

Attachments

Reactions
I was running an E26 blend this weekend and hit an 11.96 on my 93 tune.
I’m no where nears those numbers as per draggy. I guess I need to get on the track and make some passes. What tires are you running? Factory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
I’m no where nears those numbers as per draggy. I guess I need to get on the track and make some passes. What tires are you running? Factory?

I'm running the stock 21" wheels and Pirelli Scorpion Zero A/S tires. When I'm on the track, they're deflated down to roughly 25.5-26 PSI. I then re-inflate them before leaving the track to the factory 33 PSI.

I hope this helps.

Reactions
Do you test the ethanol to know exactly what percentage it is?
I recently installed a combination of Innovate Motorsports MTX-D ethanol gauge and sensor, and Fenfab ethanol sensor installation kit. It works beautifully and makes life so much easier when blending fuels.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I think it would be helpful when owners post their ST's drag times that they note if they're 1 bolt rear or 2 bolt rear and if they are using any rear diff braces.

It would help put things into perspective.

Reactions
I'm running the stock 21" wheels and Pirelli Scorpion Zero A/S tires. When I'm on the track, they're deflated down to roughly 25.5-26 PSI. I then re-inflate them before leaving the track to the factory 33 PSI.

I hope this helps.
That’s awesome! I appreciate the information

Reactions
I think it would be helpful when owners post their ST's drag times that they note if they're 1 bolt rear or 2 bolt rear and if they are using any rear diff braces.

It would help put things into perspective.
Sadly, I have a 1 bolt (Actually a 3 bolt) rear differential. I have been testing/using the AWR Racing differential brace for a couple of months now, with no issues. I'm at the strip at least every other weekend, beating on it. The two piece brace is extremely beefy and well made. I hope this helps provide some clarity!

Last edited:
Reactions
That’s awesome! I appreciate the information

Glad to help. I have had no issues with the Pirelli's so far however, I do intend to switch to Continental Extreme Contacts (and a lighter, forged wheel) whenever it's time for tires. I've heard amazing reviews for those tires.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Sadly, I have a 1 bolt rear differential. I have been testing/using the AWR Racing differential brace for a couple of months now, with no issues. I'm at the strip at least every other weekend, beating on it. The two piece brace is extremely beefy and well made. I hope this helps provide some clarity!
It helps a ton, thanks for the info CB17!