Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ZFG DMS

De_Stiller1948

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thanks for the advice I will let him know. I’m sure he will have to set up account with HP/TDN since the tunes were from another owner.

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
With the dms tune are you getting tow, stock+, daily, performance, and race with the $700 dms tune or do you need to pay extra to have all 5 drive modes?

De_Stiller1948

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Saleen90 I have the DMS tunes and they are great. The race tune is a real head banger, so much stronger than my other performance tune. Hard shifts but designed that way to save transmission. Made my 23 ST a beast along with Whipple intercooler and AFE Monstrom air box.

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
With the dms tune are you getting tow, stock+, daily, performance, and race with the $700 dms tune or do you need to pay extra to have all 5 drive modes?
Found my answer regarding the dms looking through the other threads on here, thanks

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
I have a question for people who have the ST tuned. When you go back to a factory tune can the dealership tell that you had a tune or does it show the car has been cycled? Or whatever it's called? Is there really a way for ford to know you have a tune? Sorry for the stupid question.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
They can see the key cycles. This usually points to a tune being removed.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
If they look they will know the key cycles. If a low number then they know it has been reset and would look further imo.

It’s all about the dealer. Mine knows I’m tuned but has not brought it up. Haven’t had a drivetrain issue either though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thanks for the responses. Yeah I've also heard it depends on the dealer and what not. It's kind of BS that ford makes their own tune and covers it. Any other company that has been doing tunes for forever they obviously will try and fight it.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks for the responses. Yeah I've also heard it depends on the dealer and what not. It's kind of BS that ford makes their own tune and covers it. Any other company that has been doing tunes for forever they obviously will try and fight it.
I have no issue with them denying warranty due to an aftermarket tune. A bad tune can destroy an engine quickly. No way would I cover warranty on a product that I made that was modified with the potential to damage my product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk