Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FS WTB Explorer ST

Reactions
Hello all, currently shopping for a ST for my wife as our family has outgrown her Mercedes C250. I'm located in Oregon and availability is pretty slim. We are looking for Agate Black, Tech Package, Street Package, Moonroof, and Second Row Captain Chairs. Thanks.

Reactions
why dont you order one from your local dealer, they might be offering 1000 off to build your own, why would you want a moonroof, weight in all the wrong places and it might leak, although you live in Oregon, if you live in Portland I can imagine its hard to buy a car there just like all the other disaster zones

Reactions
There are very few out there. You might find a couple on the east coast, Oregon is pretty dry.

OP
bigcat1185
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
why dont you order one from your local dealer, they might be offering 1000 off to build your own, why would you want a moonroof, weight in all the wrong places and it might leak, although you live in Oregon, if you live in Portland I can imagine its hard to buy a car there just like all the other disaster zones
Wife really wants the moonroof. Custom order is pretty delayed right now also.

Reactions
is she primary driver, why does she want the roof just curious, most dealer builds are gonna have it, I special ordered mine without

OP
bigcat1185
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
is she primary driver, why does she want the roof just curious, most dealer builds are gonna have it, I special ordered mine without
Yes, I have my F150, she needs a midsized SUV. I'm 6'6" and my 9 year old son is rapidly growing, the C250 isn't cutting it anymore. I've been a fan of the ST since it came out, wife probably wouldn't notice if she was driving a Limited or some other well optioned model, but I want that 400/415. She will be primary driver, and she's always had moonroofs in her cars. Just something she likes and uses a lot.

Reactions
did the captains chairs get discontinued for 2022?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
The captain's chairs are still available for the 2nd row but they have done away with the center console for the 2nd row. If I've read correctly there is also no longer a $500 upgrade charge to go with the 2nd-row bench seats.

OP
bigcat1185
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Since the 2022 is not coming with Sync 4, I really have no reason to order one. Our original plan was to order a 2022, but after finding out there are no changes, I might as well save $12,000 and get a used 2020 or 2021.

Reactions
^^ is there really that much savings, given the state of the used car market

OP
bigcat1185
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
^^ is there really that much savings, given the state of the used car market
I've seen some in the $48k range, just not the color we want.

Reactions
Not the color you want, but I have a 21 St in Carbonized Gray with 8k miles i'd sell ya! dealer offered me 52k as a trade for an F150 a couple of days ago.