Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Winter Tires and Rims

Reactions
Ebay usually has pretty good prices on used steelies
yea they do. However, I have the interceptor utility ones. Just was providing info for those still looking.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Ebay usually has pretty good prices on used steelies
Just do not get earlier year Interceptor rims because they won't fit due to wheel bore changes.

Reactions
Just do not get earlier year Interceptor rims because they won't fit due to wheel bore changes.
Correct; if you stick with the part numbers I provided everything will fit as intended.

Reactions
Last winter I added 20 inch Fast Rims FC04 and Blizzaks on my new toy for Montreal winter. I also run Blizzaks on my 2019 Sport and they work well. Good bang for the buck imo.

What offset did you go with on the FC04?

63MM

Reactions
Last winter I added 20 inch Fast Rims FC04 and Blizzaks on my new toy for Montreal winter. I also run Blizzaks on my 2019 Sport and they work well. Good bang for the buck imo.

Did you get these from 1010tire? Trying to order the same set - 18s though - and had an email from them saying they can not guarantee fitment. Offset on the 18s is 40.

kevattor

Reactions
2020 Interceptor Utility 18” steel wheels in the USA are anywhere from $300-400+ each wheel. Does not include the price of the special lug nuts and Chrome center caps or TPMS sensors. If you want this setup your best bet is to source them in used but good condition. I would never spend that dealer markup price they are asking for them brand new. After all, they are just steel wheels.

OEM part numbers 2020 Interceptor Utility Wheels​

Wheels: LB5Z-1015-B
Lug nuts: ACPZ-1012-N
Center cap: DG1Z-1130-B
Do you have a photo of the rims mounted? They fit with the street package?
Why the special lug nuts? Is it so the centre cap fits?

Reactions
224282F1-6E3C-4375-A51D-4483641E077C.jpeg I’m not running the lug nuts nor center caps that are meant for the wheels, although I do have them. This is just the wheels mounted to give you a visual.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
so now the question is did you pay stateside prices or have a Canadian collegue smuggle them in for ya? Those look soooooo good. I just cant bring myself to pay the asinine prices they are asking for a steel wheel.

Reactions
so now the question is did you pay stateside prices or have a Canadian collegue smuggle them in for ya? Those look soooooo good. I just cant bring myself to pay the asinine prices they are asking for a steel wheel.
picked them up used for a somewhat reasonable price USD. I’m actually selling them but local pickup only in Dallas Fort Worth area. $920 for all 4 with lugs and caps

Roots

Reactions
Did you get these from 1010tire? Trying to order the same set - 18s though - and had an email from them saying they can not guarantee fitment. Offset on the 18s is 40.
I can't recall the offset. They fit perfect with small thin adapter. I bough them locally here in Montreal. Ask for Ivan. https://magsandtires.com/

Reactions

I'm also looking for 20" wheel options for winter use.
Curious, are the FC04's a direct fit rim or do they require mounting rings, etc?? I am concerned about the difference in bore size from stock to the Fast Wheels FC04's.

Reactions
I remember a guy on here and the FB groups selling PI wheels + tires for like $900. Anyone know who that was or if he still sells those packages?

Reactions
Curious to know how many of you are going with 18" rim/tires for winter?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
2020 Interceptor Utility 18” steel wheels in the USA are anywhere from $300-400+ each wheel. Does not include the price of the special lug nuts and Chrome center caps or TPMS sensors. If you want this setup your best bet is to source them in used but good condition. I would never spend that dealer markup price they are asking for them brand new. After all, they are just steel wheels.

OEM part numbers 2020 Interceptor Utility Wheels​

Wheels: LB5Z-1015-B
Lug nuts: ACPZ-1012-N
Center cap: DG1Z-1130-B
Just wondering if you would know if the part numbers you have will fit the performance package with the big brakes?

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just wondering if you would know if the part numbers you have will fit the performance package with the big brakes?
I don't think @Phalanx is active here in a year or so. However to answer your question, the 18" PIU wheels do fit the performance brakes.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
View attachment 2423 I’m not running the lug nuts nor center caps that are meant for the wheels, although I do have them. This is just the wheels mounted to give you a visual.

Do you have any sideview pictures, looks like the rear might need a spacer but i do like the look alot.

Ksipp01

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I'm putting the interceptor wheels on my 2020 ST to replace my 21" street pack wheels for winter tires.
I believe the lug nuts are ACPZ-1012-M
Above it states "N" are needed.
Does anyone know if the M versus N matters?
When I check fitment M fits both...
Maybe has to do with using the center cover???

Thanks in advance!