Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Will tuning void your extended warranty

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I know that custom tuning will void the mfg warranty that comes with the purchase of the ST if Ford deems the problem was caused by the tune. I’m curious if anyone has run into issues with an extended warranty from Ford or another warranty company. My assumption is that you pay extra money, in some cases a lot of money, for that extended warranty so you should be able to have a problem fixed if it is something that is covered under said warranty regardless of a tune. Has anyone dealt with this type of situation?

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Why would you pay “a lot of money” for an extended warranty and even ask this question? If you can’t afford to replace the vehicle outright, then don’t **** with it! There is NO answer to this question that’s only asked by people who shouldn’t have purchased any vehicle even remotely associated with “performance”. If you don’t know what the **** you are doing, then learn it, buy it, or don’t fucking do it. Oh, YMMV

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I know that custom tuning will void the mfg warranty that comes with the purchase of the ST if Ford deems the problem was caused by the tune. I’m curious if anyone has run into issues with an extended warranty from Ford or another warranty company. My assumption is that you pay extra money, in some cases a lot of money, for that extended warranty so you should be able to have a problem fixed if it is something that is covered under said warranty regardless of a tune. Has anyone dealt with this type of situation?
This has been discussed a lot. A lot a lot.

Some dealers won’t care, some dealers will be a pain to work with to get a warranty work done. If tou are concerned about any warranty tuning or adding any aftermarket parts are not for you. If they deem the part the reason for the problem they can legally not cover it.

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Why would you pay “a lot of money” for an extended warranty and even ask this question? If you can’t afford to replace the vehicle outright, then don’t **** with it! There is NO answer to this question that’s only asked by people who shouldn’t have purchased any vehicle even remotely associated with “performance”. If you don’t know what the **** you are doing, then learn it, buy it, or don’t fucking do it.

What’s your problem? People can’t ask hypothetical questions now? If you don’t like it just don’t answer. No need to be an ignorant a..hole about it. It’s really not that serious.

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
This has not ever happened to me. It’s just a question that peaked my curiosity. I have had several mustangs, STI’s and now this ST all of which I’ve modded and tuned. No need to reply if you don’t like the question.