Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wifi Workorder Never Submitted? 2023 Explorer ST

Superloud

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Tried connecting AT&T Wireless service and getting a data plan. Using Ford Pass app, not recognizing VIN and saying not available.
Called the Ford AT&T number to get it connected. Not showing up in there system either.

They said that the issue is a work order with my VIN was never put in to link my VIN to an account.
On what planet does that even make sense?
You get a new vehicle (bought new a year ago) and can't even use avaliable services lol.

Got with my sales rep where I bought the vehicle. She looked into it and my window sticker and options, and reported that due to chip shortages when it was built. The chip wasn't installed for that service? Sounds sort of weird.

What is weird is I remember when I purchased it I was going through the menu option on the SYNC screen, and there was a Ford WiFi type option and it said something about a free trial, now it's no longer in there.

Anybody ran into this issue?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I got a credit cause they did not install the modem in my 23ST.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Check your vehicle sticker, there will be a line where you received a credit for this and do not have it installed.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
That is a shame. I know there were issues like that, where say the 2nd row temp controls were 'deleted' from the shortage, but they called people in to install them later. I wonder if they would be willing to do that now?