Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wide Body Kit interest?

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #61
Did some measuring today. The only way ANY spacer is fitting IN ADDITION TO a 10.5+30 wheel is with 305/35r22 tires (a +35 wheel will give you a little more room to play with spacer width). There is a metal backing plate on the rear side (by the door) of the font fender lining that my 305/40r22s almost touch and will prevent any trimming from being done. Any more offset and they WILL touch. so I and others like me are out of the game unless going to a smaller tire size. assuming 1" bigger diameter than stock, that 1/2" in additional radius gives you a little room to play with.

I would definitely be curious what that gap looks like on others with 305s on +30s. For those with stock 21", keep this in mind. the difference in "poke" is only about 1" between you and me, but i was able to run a 1.25" spacer on my 21" without touching the fender lining due to the smaller tire diameter. so a stock street pack 21" with 1.25" spacer can actually sit FURTHER outboard than my custom forged setup due to my tire size. which ALSO means, if I size down to 305/35r22s on my current wheels, I could throw in at least a 0.25" spacer to get some more poke. this ALSO means, that someone who hasn't built wheels yet, could possibly order 22x10.5+25s

if these overfenders can actually make the wheel well opening smaller so there is less gap between the tire and the body, then moving to 305/35s would actually be a good move without sacrificing looks. @Waido can you comment on if this kit reduces the overall opening size of the fender at all, reducing tire/body gap?

View attachment 9050
There won’t be any reduction in the gap area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #62
Do you have a straight-on side view? Can you add a red one similar to Rapid Red to the mix?
Not rapid red but you get the picture and the new design. Brought the kit down some and added the vent on the front. Super clean look

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #63
Newest renders . I think this nails it

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #65
Last rendering is coming today .. no vents

Last edited:
Reactions
Was a price ever discussed ? I know you can't give exact pricing but a ballpark would help with a lot of decision making among members .

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Was a price ever discussed ? I know you can't give exact pricing but a ballpark would help with a lot of decision making among members .
read the first post in this thread .

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #68
This is the last rendering .. classic clean look following the lines of the current body.

Last edited:
OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #69
Roughy 2k the mold needs to be made so we need at least 3 to 4 ppl to be interested with half down before moving forward

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #70
df604db2-36b3-40c3-8a20-5a86985295d9.jpg
7afe1f1a-b91f-43df-877e-3dc641f8cc0f.jpg
9f9976a4-726d-44df-8879-5deedc519476.jpg
48a44d08-93af-4eb1-acf7-1a9eababc958.jpg

Reactions
read the first post in this thread .
Roughy 2k the mold needs to be made so we need at least 3 to 4 ppl to be interested with half down before moving forward

Well I'm just freakin' blind.....lol

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #72
We would like to get a serious headcount on this. Please let me know and message me or @Waido on this

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #73

Reactions
Not fo me. Looks cool but it will definitely attract parking lot pillar scrapes based on my history.

Thep3yton

Reactions
Just signed up as number two. I believe waido is going to send a rendering in silver! Can’t wait.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #76
Just signed up as number two. I believe waido is going to send a rendering in silver! Can’t wait.
We are working on a little change as well. I’m going to open another thread once renders are finalized and we can get a count.

Working with ppl here / Facebook / IG and ticktok. Just trying to get everyone satisfied with the look.

Thep3yton

Reactions
Pe
We are working on a little change as well. I’m going to open another thread once renders are finalized and we can get a count.

Working with ppl here / Facebook / IG and ticktok. Just trying to get everyone satisfied with the look.

personally I was a big fan of the rendering with the vent, added a little bit of contrast making it look less round and went more with the sharp edges of the st

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #78
Pe

personally I was a big fan of the rendering with the vent, added a little bit of contrast making it look less round and went more with the sharp edges of the st
We were back-and-forth on the vents the only problem I see is sometimes they can look a little fake in person

Reactions
We were back-and-forth on the vents the only problem I see is sometimes they can look a little fake in person

Depends on the style of the vent .

IMHO , the fender vents are what makes a widebody look widebody .

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #80
Depends on the style of the vent .

IMHO , the fender vents are what makes a widebody look widebody .
Definitely depends