Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wide Body Kit interest?

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Hello all.

There are a few photos floating around for a WB kit. I am speaking directly with the manufacturer now and they are looking for more interested people before making a production mold. I think the current mold is may too aggressive imo which is a 2 inch set up and we are working on a 1” option. He will be making a rendering soon on the 1”options. He and I think 1” is the way to go and will still look great. I’ll have those this week. When doing a wide body .. spacers and/or new wheel offsets/ suspension will need to be taking into consideration. I would not recommend 2” spacers ever so they are going back to the drawing board. And I know buying a new set of wheels is not ideal. He can also do a fender that sets lower taking up the space of the gap for those with just springs. The purpose of this post is to gain interest and a consensus for what the end user would like with a production piece that will fit everyone. This was long winded but help me get this going.

How many of you would be interested? Need at least 3, well 2 ppl cause I’m in.

Current rendering like I said is too aggressive imo but nice lines. They are focusing on the fenders right now but a front lip and diffusers can be done.

Company is Waido. Everything is made of ABS and flexible like current bumpers. You will need to make a hole for you sensors on the front bumpers.

FYI pricing will be in the 2k range before shipping. Made in Europe. Look at the link below. Pretty top notch stuff.

ONLY FENDERS!

https://waido-kits.com/shop/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I would definitely eff with a 1" widebody kit but i have concerns about fender liner clearance. I am assuming we would probably need to remove those? I would maybe look at doing 1.25" as that is the perfect size of spacer that doesn't require stud cutting.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I would definitely eff with a 1" widebody kit but i have concerns about fender liner clearance. I am assuming we would probably need to remove those? I would maybe look at doing 1.25" as that is the perfect size of spacer that doesn't require stud cutting.
I’ve discussed this with them and no removal. Fits right over the existing fenders. Just need new holes for the fenders sensors

1.25 is probably going to be the end result. It’s going to take some time. He only wants to do one option.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
i meant the inner felt liners. most guys with aftermarket forged wheels will not want to do new deeper concave ones, but even if you did, adding an additional 1.25" to outer clearance will definitely rub against the felt. I'm at +30 offset on a 10.5" wheel and I already touch at full lock. if you want a truly flush look with a widebody kit, its probably going to require at least modification of the inner fender liner.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I’ve never really paid attention to the spacer conversions until now tbh. There is confirmation on the 1” and trimming the studs?

Again I think the 2” is way to much so I think we are on the right track tho … spread the word

I spoke with them today and renderings will be in the next few days. Hopefully using pictures of my set up. And some changes to the front set up. I personally like there set up on the trackhawk Kit they offer but they are big on the current lines of the vehicle.

Trail and error.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
i meant the inner felt liners. most guys with aftermarket forged wheels will not want to do new deeper concave ones, but even if you did, adding an additional 1.25" to outer clearance will definitely rub against the felt. I'm at +30 offset on a 10.5" wheel and I already touch at full lock. if you want a truly flush look with a widebody kit, its probably going to require at least modification of the inner fender liner.
At this point I’ll most likely be the guinea pig. If all goes well I’ll be ordering the spacers soon and mounting them just to see what needs to happen.

We have the same set up

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I’ve never really paid attention to the spacer conversions until now tbh. There is confirmation on the 1” and trimming the studs?
Yes. I ran 1.25"F and 1.5"R with the street pack wheels before getting my forged 2-piece wheels. 1" spacers required stud trimming. Still run 0.25" slip on spacers in the rear with the forged wheels to even up the track width. OEM front track width is wider than the rear.

And I really like their TrackHawk kit, which is why I am quite interested in this one. This combined with the i-5autohaus hood would be a really nice pairing and step up the aggressiveness of the vehicle looks quite a bit.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
At this point I’ll most likely be the guinea pig. If all goes well I’ll be ordering the spacers soon and mounting them just to see what needs to happen.

We have the same set up

post lots of pics--hopefully there is no metal that needs to be trimmed.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Yes. I ran 1.25"F and 1.5"R with the street pack wheels before getting my forged 2-piece wheels. 1" spacers required stud trimming. Still run 0.25" slip on spacers in the rear with the forged wheels to even up the track width. OEM front track width is wider than the rear.

And I really like their TrackHawk kit, which is why I am quite interested in this one. This combined with the i-5autohaus hood would be a really nice pairing and step up the aggressiveness of the vehicle looks quite a bit.
Agreed. I’ve asked him to modify the rendering like the trackhawk and he is all for it.

Only need 3 folks on board with a legit commitment and he will move forward.

This is a another piece I’m on the fence about. Looks a little to Lexus ISF / GSF … GTRish …. Thoughts?

Reactions
Agreed. I’ve asked him to modify the rendering like the trackhawk and he is all for it.

Only need 3 folks on board with a legit commitment and he will move forward.

This is a another piece I’m on the fence about. Looks a little to Lexus ISF / GSF … GTRish …. Thoughts?

It needs to be flared all the way up similar to the 350R

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Mom always told me if I didn't have something good to say, don't say anything. I didn't listen to everything Mom told me. I've been looking at this for 2 days, widebody=good. That said, this kit looks cheap. Maybe my head is telling me the edges seem to be too sharp.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Mom always told me if I didn't have something good to say, don't say anything. I didn't listen to everything Mom told me. I've been looking at this for 2 days, widebody=good. That said, this kit looks cheap. Maybe my head is telling me the edges seem to be too sharp.
This is only a rendering as of now.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I get that.

Reactions
If I didn't just order a new M3 Competition , I would dish out the money and be all over this kit.....as long as it wasn't RDBLA pricing !

Reactions
so….these attach to existing body with adhesive? or are they clean molded one-pieces? concerned they will have slight gaps between the existing body and these new pieces..unless I’m understanding wrong. widebody definitely looks dope though..

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #16
so….these attach to existing body with adhesive? or are they clean molded one-pieces? concerned they will have slight gaps between the existing body and these new pieces..unless I’m understanding wrong. widebody definitely looks dope though..
So I’ve mentioned to them about fitment and they did ensure a perfect fitment (flexible ABS). I know there are rubber linings on the liberty kits and showed them. According to them they are there for fitment issues. Kinda of hard to shallow on a 30k kits for lambo.

He sent the beginning of a rendering at 1.25 and looks much better imo. Stay tuned

Explorer kit will consist of 10 pcs. 2 for the front fender (bumper and fender)and 3 for the rear (door, fender and rear bumper). This is NOT a cheap kit.

Quoted from the source

“We have Audi R8 with our kit and it runs 180-200mph + with no issues”

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #17
If I didn't just order a new M3 Competition , I would dish out the money and be all over this kit.....as long as it wasn't RDBLA pricing !
Comp M3 is a bad boy from experience!!

Reactions
So I’ve mentioned to them about fitment and they did ensure a perfect fitment (flexible ABS). I know there are rubber linings on the liberty kits and showed them. According to them they are there for fitment issues. Kinda of hard to shallow on a 30k kits for lambo.

He sent the beginning of a rendering at 1.25 and looks much better imo. Stay tuned

Explorer kit will consist of 10 pcs. 2 for the front fender (bumper and fender)and 3 for the rear (door, fender and rear bumper). This is NOT a cheap kit.

Quoted from the source

“We have Audi R8 with our kit and it runs 180-200mph + with no issues”

put me down as a definite maybe :ROFLMAO:

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #19
Do you like this better? I little step off. Not so sharp

I’m having him do a rendering of this style also

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Do you like this better? I little step off. Not so sharp

I’m having him do a rendering of this style also

Yes. Do you have a side rendering of this?