Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wide Body Kit interest?

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #21
Yes. Do you have a side rendering of this?
This is the actual kit on a Durango . He is working on rendering for the ST. I think the step down is much better imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
The edge reveal is much more narrow than the original. I think that was what did not register with me.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #23
The edge reveal is much more narrow than the original. I think that was what did not register with me.
I felt the same. Trying to get it right because he is only doing one mold.

Reactions
Hello, I have a black 2022 St. I have been trying to find out if the plastic fenders, side skirts, and bumpers can be painted. Apparently, you will get orange peel due to the texture of the pieces. So I'm definitely interested in this body kit.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Hello, I have a black 2022 St. I have been trying to find out if the plastic fenders, side skirts, and bumpers can be painted. Apparently, you will get orange peel due to the texture of the pieces. So I'm definitely interested in this body kit.
If done correctly they will be smooth as glass.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
If done correctly they will be smooth as glass.
I've always wondered what was involved with the process but have never known anyone personally that had it done. Of course, I've seen vehicles with it and you couldn't tell that it started life as a textured finish but, never seen it done.

Reactions
I've always wondered what was involved with the process but have never known anyone personally that had it done. Of course, I've seen vehicles with it and you couldn't tell that it started life as a textured finish but, never seen it done.
Sand it down, prime and paint.... Generally, some p120, sand off all the texture, a few coats of high build primer, paint and done. It's pretty easy but a little time consuming. The only kinda hard part is getting off all the trim lol.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #28
After many hours on the phone and renderings. I will have the final rendering tomorrow (no changes) and get a head count to start the process. He is going to join the forum so he can message interested parties directly for emails / numbers / invoices etc. these are made over in the Czech Republic so keep in mind the time change. It is 2 o’clock over there right now and he is still talking with me.

I’ve put my 2 cents on the redesign and believe it is going to be very nice and flow well with the lines. Some of the decisions and style were based on wide kits for the Range Rover as they share similar lines.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
After many hours on the phone and renderings. I will have the final rendering tomorrow (no changes) and get a head count to start the process. He is going to join the forum so he can message interested parties directly for emails / numbers / invoices etc. these are made over in the Czech Republic so keep in mind the time change. It is 2 o’clock over there right now and he is still talking with me.

I’ve put my 2 cents on the redesign and believe it is going to be very nice and flow well with the lines. Some of the decisions and style were based on wide kits for the Range Rover as they share similar lines.

I'm probably gonna make my call based on your mockup/measurements (post lots of pics and videos) of a 305 or 315 tire on a 22x10.5+30 wheel plus 1.25" spacers. There is going to be serious inner fender liner trimming required and I am hoping no metal trimming. If metal trimming is needed, I am probably gonna sit this one out.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I would 100% eff with something like this...
1639708736181.png
1639708753126.png
1639708770977.png

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #31
I'm probably gonna make my call based on your mockup/measurements (post lots of pics and videos) of a 305 or 315 tire on a 22x10.5+30 wheel plus 1.25" spacers. There is going to be serious inner fender liner trimming required and I am hoping no metal trimming. If metal trimming is needed, I am probably gonna sit this one out.
I’m gonna order spacers soon and test fit them And see what we need to do before anything goes into production

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #32
OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #33
Teasers

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #34

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
This is looking good. I posted it on FB and IG with a link to this thread.

Last edited:
OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #36
Perfect ! Thanks.

F=MA

Reactions
How wide would the wheels and tires be in this case?

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #38
How wide would the wheels and tires be in this case?
Still working out those details..: I’m ordering spacers to play around with The front end

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #39
It’s a 1.25 inch flare out on each side.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #40
For those with blue