Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Why does Waze only take up 1/3 of screen?

Reactions
I am no longer able to get Waze to display as full screen on my ST. CarPlay is off and iPhone connected via USB cable. When I go into app center and open Waze it no longer shows up as an app. Any ideas?
The may sound weird, uninstall the ford app and reinstall

Zetes97

Reactions
Thanks. Completely uninstalled and reinstalled Ford Pass app. It bring back a couple of apps but no impact with waze. I uninstalled and reinstalled waze and that didn’t work either. Car play is off as well. Any other ideas to try?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Try a master reset.

Reactions
Following... I have had the exact same issues with Waze. I have been using it full screen for a while now and all of the sudden it does not work. I can't even get it to show up at all. I had to go back to the crappy 1/3rd screen Apple Carplay version. I have not tried the master reset yet as I was hoping to avoid it. I can say the soft reset where you turn the Explorer off and open the door and then restart does not work at all. Waze crashed on me during an 8 hour trip last weekend and hasnt worked since.

Zetes97

Reactions
Thank you both. Hoping to avoid the master reset but looking more and more like reality. I know sync had recently updated on 6-30-21 and wondering if that is the cause. Dealer is not very helpful either

Reactions
Thank you both. Hoping to avoid the master reset but looking more and more like reality. I know sync had recently updated on 6-30-21 and wondering if that is the cause. Dealer is not very helpful either
Quick update. I did the master reset. It's actually not bad. Simultaneously press the Scan Forward button (>>) and the Audio System Power (Vol) and HOLD them in for 10+ seconds. The screen will go black. RELEASE the buttons at the black screen. System will then reboot. when the system rebooted I still have no Waze app like I had before. Seems to have vanished. I have not tried uninstalling the FordPass app. Just trying to save you time with the master reset since that did not work for me.

Zetes97

Reactions
Quick update. I did the master reset. It's actually not bad. Simultaneously press the Scan Forward button (>>) and the Audio System Power (Vol) and HOLD them in for 10+ seconds. The screen will go black. RELEASE the buttons at the black screen. System will then reboot. when the system rebooted I still have no Waze app like I had before. Seems to have vanished. I have not tried uninstalling the FordPass app. Just trying to save you time with the master reset since that did not work for me.
Thank you. Let me know if ford pass does the trick for you. Stuck using the 1/3 screen as well while we are traveling this week.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Have you checked for updates for WAZE on your phone?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Master Reset is through the General section in Settings. What you did is a reboot. After master reset, you'll have to re-activate the Ford Pass app, repair your phone, and re-establish the wifi. I generally keep most of my other settings default but you may need to change anything else to your liking.

Reactions
Master Reset is through the General section in Settings. What you did is a reboot. After master reset, you'll have to re-activate the Ford Pass app, repair your phone, and re-establish the wifi. I generally keep most of my other settings default but you may need to change anything else to your liking.
Ok that actually makes sense. Any thoughts as to whether a master reset may actually fix the Waze issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Ok that actually makes sense. Any thoughts as to whether a master reset may actually fix the Waze issues?

Sorry no. The Waze Ford app is garbage IMHO. low res, slow refresh, nothing like the phone app that continously gets updated and improved.

Zetes97

Reactions
Sorry no. The Waze Ford app is garbage IMHO. low res, slow refresh, nothing like the phone app that continously gets updated and improved.
Will try the master reset. I see SYNC is updated to 3.4 so not sure if that did anything. Appreciate the responses

Reactions
Will try the master reset. I see SYNC is updated to 3.4 so not sure if that did anything. Appreciate the responses
Mine worked fine for half of an 8 1/2 trip on June 27th. Stopped for lunch and when I turned the Explorer back on, no Waze anywhere. Since I had Car Play off it was a pain to get that working again too. Bizarre.

Zetes97

Reactions
Mine worked fine for half of an 8 1/2 trip on June 27th. Stopped for lunch and when I turned the Explorer back on, no Waze anywhere. Since I had Car Play off it was a pain to get that working again too.

Zetes97

Reactions
Called the dealer again was told to do factory sync reset. It didn’t solve the problem. Called Ford Pass support an they connected me to technology team. Wait for it.......As of 6-29-21, Waze removed app link functionality. Thus the reason it will no longer work as an app. Must be done using carplay!,,,

Reactions
Called the dealer again was told to do factory sync reset. It didn’t solve the problem. Called Ford Pass support an they connected me to technology team. Wait for it.......As of 6-29-21, Waze removed app link functionality. Thus the reason it will no longer work as an app. Must be done using carplay!,,,
As much as that sucks at least I know I'm not crazy, How messed up is it that it worked for half my 8 hour trip, stop to get gas (on the 29th) and then its gone, Oh well. I winder why the removed it?

JS85

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Does anyone know how to make waze bigger or is that even possible a year later???