Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

who's tried the new Steeda diff brace?

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
about the same price as the IDSpeed one - both look chunky :)

Reactions
Vehicle
69 Mach 1
I bought one a few days and I’m eager to get it on my ST. Mine is a 3 bolt and the Steeda solution looks to be the most rugged solution on the market.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
I bought one a few days and I’m eager to get it on my ST. Mine is a 3 bolt and the Steeda solution looks to be the most rugged solution on the market.
nice! did you get a good deal?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I have only seen one price from all vendors.

Reactions
Vehicle
69 Mach 1
nice! did you get a good deal?
I think it was $50 off the regular price, I also picked up Steeda’s intercooler and that was also on sale so I’ll do both one weekend.

Reactions
The Steeda diff brace has been the same price since we released it - FYI, these have been a tremendous hit & they are already on their second batch of manufacturing.

A couple reviews have also come in & they are very excited at the fit, finish & ease of installation - this is a great upgrade!

TJ

Reactions
Vehicle
69 Mach 1
The Steeda diff brace has been the same price since we released it - FYI, these have been a tremendous hit & they are already on their second batch of manufacturing.

A couple reviews have also come in & they are very excited at the fit, finish & ease of installation - this is a great upgrade!

TJ
Hi, I purchased one haven’t received or installed it yet…. but I’m curious if you can check the diff level and drain/refill with the unit installed?

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Hi, I purchased one haven’t received or installed it yet…. but I’m curious if you can check the diff level and drain/refill with the unit installed?
good point, seems like maybe not?

there's a hole for the lower drain, but would struggle to get a tool in there IMHO, and not sure how you'd get to the fill hole
1689184809688.png

Reactions

No issues check it when installed.

TJ

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
good point, seems like maybe not?

there's a hole for the lower drain, but would struggle to get a tool in there IMHO, and not sure how you'd get to the fill hole
View attachment 18663
It’s just a socket head plug…a ball end Allen wrench would slide right in there. But even if it didn’t is removing the rear part a real concern for the maybe 1 time someone would change the diff fluid? Let’s be honest…most people will never change it.

Reactions
Vehicle
69 Mach 1
It’s just a socket head plug…a ball end Allen wrench would slide right in there. But even if it didn’t is removing the rear part a real concern for the maybe 1 time someone would change the diff fluid? Let’s be honest…most people will never change it.
Not really for me…the way bigger issue is the glass 3 bolt setup from FMC.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
I’d be more concerned about accessing the fill port up top

Reactions
I’d be more concerned about accessing the fill port up top
Agreed. There’s very little room to access the fill plug, between it and the sub frame. A standard 3/8 ratchet won’t fit. What tool would you use to remove the fill plug?

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
Damn that steeda brace looks fantastic. Too bad I already have the IDspeed one installed or I would of bought this one.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

TJ
Any plans of offering it coated black?

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I haven't installed it yet but I have one sitting here. It is aluminum by the way. It could be either anodized or coated. There is a product called Alumi Black for firearms, it works great on scratches but I have never tried to use it on something as large as this brace.

Last edited:

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Installed mine yesterday. Install went well except the upper/outer diff bolts were a PIA to tighten. My 13mm end wrench wouldn't fit the E-head bolt and it's too narrow for socket. Going to get a E-18 end wrench to finish tightening them. Otherwise it looks great and peace of mind is at hand! Steeda Brace.jpg

Last edited:

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Screenshot_2023-08-02-07-39-18-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

This one actually got me interested. Looks nice and feels study.

Not sure if I really need it on my two(four) bolt stock daily driver.

Yes, it should come with option to choose the color!