Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

who's tried the new Steeda diff brace?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
What do you guys think would be a reasonable amount to pay for installing the Subframe Bushing Support Kit?
It’s a 20 minute job with an impact…so not much.

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
It’s a 20 minute job with an impact…so not much.
Oh wow that's pretty quick. I was looking at the Steeda website after and they say 2hr job. Guess for someone laying on their driveway with a ratchet n sockets

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
You should check the existing single bolt as it is almost certainly bent. Mine was. I replaced the bolt and installed the Steeda brace fairly quickly on ramps in my drive, but I was checking the entire undercarriage carefully as I hadn’t been under the car in a long while.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
You should check the existing single bolt as it is almost certainly bent. Mine was. I replaced the bolt and installed the Steeda brace fairly quickly on ramps in my drive, but I was checking the entire undercarriage carefully as I hadn’t been under the car in a long while.
Do you have a tune installed? Just wanted to know if an ST without a tune would bend the bolt.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Do you have a tune installed? Just wanted to know if an ST without a tune would bend the bolt.
Mine bent the one bolt when I was stock. One of the reasons I replaced it with a 2 bolt subframe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Took about an hour and change laying in the driveway !! Its pretty simple !