Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Who plans on adding paint protection film?

Ghelton

Reactions
After they did mine. They were gonna reinstall the letters. I left them off. Clean look

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I know its probably a silly question, but where do you go to get the wrap and the film? I wasn't sure if its paint and body shop or where.

Reactions
I know its probably a silly question, but where do you go to get the wrap and the film? I wasn't sure if its paint and body shop or where.
Most custom shops, detail shops, or body shops will offer it. Your dealer may be able to point you in the right direction as well.

Reactions
Also went with the Xpel and Ceramic Coating. I'm torn between leaving the badging off or on IMG_20200513_185848_582.jpg

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
They took my badges off, gave me the OEM ones back. I ordered replacements from Ford....still haven't put them back on.

Debadged has grown on me.

Reactions
I am wrapping the whole vehicle. for about 2700 suntech self-healing PPF

My ST is Better!

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thinking about getting a paint protection film but worried about the Explorer lettering on the front hood. My local shop telling me they will remove the lettering to apply the film and then re-install the lettering on the film. Has anyone had it done this way or better to just apply the film around the front hood Explorer letters?
I had the PPF applied to my hood and they removed my Explorer badge and two letters fell off!!, Still under warranty got them replaced.

My ST is Better!

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
For those who plan on adding paint protection film, are you guys doing full front end or partial?

My initial plan is to go with the full hood, full fenders, front bumper, door cups, side mirrors and even the top of the rear bumper. Is protecting the headlight worth it?
Full front end. Hood,bumper,fenders,mirrors,
Full ceramic coating including rims/windshield
Full tint

Attachments

GTP

Reactions
Xpel:

Front bumper
Full hood
Headlights, foglamps
Leading edge of roof
Mirror backs
Gas cap
Top of the grille, under the hood
Door sill badges (covered Ford Performance to prevent scratches from shoes)
All the pillars
C-pillar covered in gloss black PPF
30% tint on the front grille badge

In my experience it is not worth covering anything on the sides. I also skipped partial front fenders just because I didn't want to see the edge of the film, so I am making a calculated risk there.

Reactions
I’ve booked a visit to AP3 Paint Protection in Atlanta (ap3atl.com) to install Xpel Ultimate Plus Film on Full Front and Lower Sides as well as Xpel FusionPlus Liquid ceramic coating installed on all exterior surfaces.

I really wanted to coat the whole vehicle in the Xpel Stealth for a matt finish, but they don’t have templates for our vehicle yet.

I was wondering has anyone else done similar, what did you go with, was it worth it and what did it cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTP

Reactions
What do you mean by lower sides?
I installed splash guards which will stop pebbles being thrown by the tires. BTW OEM splash guards were the easiest install ever.

Reactions
What do you mean by lower sides?
I installed splash guards which will stop pebbles being thrown by the tires. BTW OEM splash guards were the easiest install ever.
Lower sides = lower doors & skirts

Tempted to just buy the OEM guards off eBay, my dealer has been slow to provide the accessories on my due bill.

GTP

Reactions
I just don't think you will need protection there.

Order OEM parts at a good discount from Levittown or AutoNation Ford parts.

Reactions
Just ordered a bunch of accessories and parts off AutoNation, great prices, Thankyou!

kimmonia

Reactions
Thanks for pics everyone - yeah it convinced me to debadge the hood for the PPF and just leave it off. Always have option to add it later.