Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Who is having issues with their ST? (POLL)

Who is having issues with their vehicle?

• No Issues At All

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Very Minor Issues, No Big Deal

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Multiple Issues, And Trips to Dealer

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • My ST is a Lemon

Votes: 6 6.4%

• Total voters
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Bought mine July 2020. I don't know when it was built.. Where do you find the Build date?
If you have access to the window sticker, it is here....

1604439987551.png

it is also on one of the labels on the driver door jamb i think but it's more cryptic.

Last edited:
Reactions
Thanks Sadeen. According to the window sticker, My ST was built 12-04-19. As of this writing, I have had no issues with my ST.

Reactions
Somebody at the factory—I’m not saying who—forgot to plug in the rain sensing wiper plug

Reactions
I have 10k miles and no issues, March 2020 build.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions
I have blue screen on reverse camera and I feel the tranny us very jerky especially in sport mode.

Camera is on backorder til end of the month and they tested tge tranny and saw no issues.

Reactions
Weve had ours since sep 2019, built august 18th 2019.

nothing major
Sync is slow as ****.
lost the enhanced engine noise once.
transmission shifts just fine, but have noticed on some uphill movement it seems like it doesnt like to downshift too quick, and will delay for a very long time before it finally figures out it needs to downshift. almost feels like its a loss of power, but its because its in too high of a gear.
auto start stop seems like it doesnt want to work anymore. although thats not really an issue. that annoying feature kind of worked itself out.

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Weve had ours since sep 2019, built august 18th 2019.

nothing major
Sync is slow as ****.
lost the enhanced engine noise once.
transmission shifts just fine, but have noticed on some uphill movement it seems like it doesnt like to downshift too quick, and will delay for a very long time before it finally figures out it needs to downshift. almost feels like its a loss of power, but its because its in too high of a gear.
auto start stop seems like it doesnt want to work anymore. although thats not really an issue. that annoying feature kind of worked itself out.
If mine feels like it's lagging a bit I just slap the left paddle shifter, you don't have to be in manual mode to down shift...

DHollis

Reactions
Bought July 2020, built August 19, backup camera has intermittent problem. Parts on back order.

Reactions
Got mine last Decemeber.
Working on a list to take to the dealer.
Have 11 items on it. (UPDATE, NOW 15 ITEMS)
Yeah, i have a few as well
seat memory not working
Tailgate sensor too sensitive
Auto lights randomly stay on after leaving vehicle
Auto wipers are buggy
Transmission likes to take off like a rocket ship when towing up hill
Steering likes to change stiffness mid turn

has been a frustrating experience. I have worked from the dealership lobby many mornings this year

Reactions
I have had my 2020 for a couple months now. Love it. Minor cosmetic paint issues which will be fixed at dealer this week.

Reactions
Have the back up camera blue screen issue sometimes. Usually comes back by turning off ignition and restarting. Since it is a TSB issue, I will have it dealt with during next regular service in a few months.

KegsBdry

Reactions
The latest issue I'm dealing with is one of the backup sensors has failed on the back left. Meaning, putting the SUV into reverse gives a constant loud noise as though I'm too close to an object. :rolleyes:

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The latest issue I'm dealing with is one of the backup sensors has failed on the back left. Meaning, putting the SUV into reverse gives a constant loud noise as though I'm too close to an object. :rolleyes:
dang that is annoying. I am surprised that the parking sensors on my 2019 RAV4 are much better than those on the Explorer. The Explorer's are slow to 'start up'; I find I have already finished parking sometimes when the front sensors start to detect the curb, etc.

KegsBdry

Reactions
dang that is annoying. I am surprised that the parking sensors on my 2019 RAV4 are much better than those on the Explorer. The Explorer's are slow to 'start up'; I find I have already finished parking sometimes when the front sensors start to detect the curb, etc.
I do like that (when operational) the parking sensors take your rims into account. The sensors go red far earlier than expected. And the surrounding cameras, that really helps.

Reactions
Maybe you might require a software update or something because mine always blows up while I am parking. It should Not be so slow.

slope

Reactions
Well, I have my first visit to the dealership scheduled for its 5K oil change and list of 16 issues.
My 17 Explorer had one issue the entire 3 year lease.
Glad this on is leased!!

slope

Reactions
Also got my first ticket in 15 years on Friday.
Very lucky he wasn't behind on the interstate earlier.

Odie130

Reactions
Built 09/20, purchased 10/20.
Steering wheel replaced due to dealership cutting leather wrap. Of course now new steering wheel has multiple scratches on side from install.
Been in 3 times now for annoying wind "leak" noise right rear passenger window. Adjusted door, didn't fix. Adjusted window twice, didn't fix. New window channel/trim on order. Driver side window is starting to develop a high pitch whine as well now.

Reactions
Got mine in November 2020. No issues with the vehicle, but several with FoMoCo (missing items they will not acknowledge). Dealer has done all they can without further support.

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Well I bought mine Dec 19th ,2020. It's a 10 /2020 build.
Got 1400 miles on the old boy.
Done whipped a few pick up trucks.
Man that's cool.

Oh , not one thing wrong yet.
I take him in next week for 1500 mile oil and filter change.

The dealers always say "huh" ..they don't see that at all.

I just laugh.

Pay em the $49 .

Jim