Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Who is having issues with their ST? (POLL)

Who is having issues with their vehicle?

• No Issues At All

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Very Minor Issues, No Big Deal

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Multiple Issues, And Trips to Dealer

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • My ST is a Lemon

Votes: 6 6.4%

• Total voters

Marc

Reactions
I'm curious as to who is NOT having issues with their ST?

OP
M

Marc

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I know, that is why I wanted to do a poll, to get a better sense of how many people are having issues. Is it most people, or just a few?

Reactions
I bought my ST early/mid December and have not had a single issue.

OP
M

Marc

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions
No issues at all. Build date of Feb. 2020. And I’m extremely picky about stuff with cars too.

Reactions
No issues at all. Build date of Feb. 2020. And I’m extremely picky about stuff with cars too.
Makes me feel good.. not sure what my Build date is but I’m picking up my factory fresh unit Thursday which landed a couple of days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Purchased the vehicle August 3rd, build date 12/19, has about 1000 miles and so far no issues

Reactions
My transmission shifts horribly, I just haven't had the time to go in, but it's super jerky I hate it. Makes me not enjoy driving it. Then various gremlins with the infotainment system. Self park is either broken or completely useless.

Nothing huge it has always driven when I need it, but chances are this is my last Ford for a while.

Reactions
My transmission shifts horribly, I just haven't had the time to go in, but it's super jerky I hate it. Makes me not enjoy driving it. Then various gremlins with the infotainment system. Self park is either broken or completely useless.

Nothing huge it has always driven when I need it, but chances are this is my last Ford for a while.
What’s your build date and how many miles/kms did you start having these issues...

Reactions
Honestly not sure what my build date is, I got the car in March and have about 3k miles now, but the problems with the tranny have been around a long time. I don't know if the transmission is just rough shifting or I have an issue going on.

Reactions
Honestly not sure what my build date is, I got the car in March and have about 3k miles now, but the problems with the tranny have been around a long time. I don't know if the transmission is just rough shifting or I have an issue going on.
Sounds like you have an issue. Mine shifts beautifully.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Maybe it should have been a FLAG when I bought a used ST @ 8K miles.

With all the multiple trips to the dealership, they ended up fixing it on the 5th final trip. Now my Carfax looks terrible. Battery cap issue, created a bunch of false electrical alerts.

It's been fine since. But it has already altered my wife & I's impression on quality control from Ford.

UDPATED: spelling

Last edited:
Reactions
Maybe it should have been a FLAG when I bought a used ST @ 8K miles.

With all the multiple trips to the dealership, they ended up fixing it on the 5th final trip. Now my carfax looks terrible. Batter cap issue, created a bunch of false electrical alerts.

It's been fine since. But it has already altered my wife & I's impression on quality control from Ford.
I don’t blame you

slope

Reactions
Got mine last Decemeber.
Working on a list to take to the dealer.
Have 11 items on it. (UPDATE, NOW 15 ITEMS)

Last edited:
Reactions
Got mine last Decemeber.
Working on a list to take to the dealer.
Have 11 items on it.
Dang!

So far I do not have any issues. Picked mine up in August.l with 6 KMs on it. So recent build date.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Dang!

So far I do not have any issues. Picked mine up in August.l with 6 KMs on it. So recent build date.

Got mine last December as well but no issues.

Reactions
I took delivery end of May. I sometimes feel a subjective jerkiness in shifting when the critter is not warmed up fully. But otherwise I have had no issues. I’m quite content with the vehicle and the mods so far. Overall, 20mpg.

Reactions
Bought mine July 2020. I don't know when it was built.. Where do you find the Build date?