Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Whipple Intercooler

F=MA

Reactions
yes you moved the support with the adjusters. just re adjust it.
Are you calling the "adjusters" the rubber bumpers that are adjustable or the black spacer (six bolts) that the top of the grill rests on ?

Reactions
Are you calling the "adjusters" the rubber bumpers that are adjustable or the black spacer (six bolts) that the top of the grill rests on ?
no, spin the bumpers on the left and right to get the hood to line up with the fenders. there is one on each side.

Reactions
Sorry, been off the radar for a bit with work - so yes this is a custom build from Voodoo AutoSport in Orange, CA. Dualsided IC with custom Charge Pipes. Got a custom CAI intake to match the Charge pipes going in right now along with a custom 3in exhaust to match the 3in downpipes from the Pure Turbo Stage 5 upgrades. Running a XDI HPFP60 with Series 2000 injectors (50% increase over stock) Just installing a Level10 Bullet Proof Trans rated 800lb torque and about to turn this BeaST up!

Attachments

Reactions
Contact them directly. They will never probably put it on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They will be offering these soon, needed some miles on this. Not for the faint of heart but if you are going big on the ST then this is a must.

MonkeysWashingCats

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
If you don't change the stock tune settings, is there any benefit to swapping this out with the stock unit? My understanding is that there will be increased turbo lag either way and I read some stuff that essentially was making the argument of "if you don't upgrade to a more aggressive aftermarket tune, then an upgraded intercooler's benefits would be negligible.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s still a worthwhile upgrade even with a stock tune. It’ll start pulling timing fast especially on a hot day.

Reactions
If you don't change the stock tune settings, is there any benefit to swapping this out with the stock unit? My understanding is that there will be increased turbo lag either way and I read some stuff that essentially was making the argument of "if you don't upgrade to a more aggressive aftermarket tune, then an upgraded intercooler's benefits would be negligible.
yes i saw 1.75-2mpg consistently on the freeway, cruising

Reactions
Does anyone know a vendor that has these in stock? Or any recommendations on the shortest lead time? Ready to pull the trigger and wanted to limit my wait time.

Reactions
Does anyone know a vendor that has these in stock? Or any recommendations on the shortest lead time? Ready to pull the trigger and wanted to limit my wait time.
i got mine from 5star with a coupon code. I think i paid 940 shipped. PM me if you want me to see if i can find the code

JgST

Reactions
I ordered my Whipple IC in the beginning of April and they said it hopefully will be shipped soon, crazy wait times. I probably would have checked with more places to see if anyone had it in stock. Checked about 4 places and they all just shipped From Whipple after order.

Reactions
I ordered my Whipple IC in the beginning of April and they said it hopefully will be shipped soon, crazy wait times. I probably would have checked with more places to see if anyone had it in stock. Checked about 4 places and they all just shipped From Whipple after order.
i think they're drop shipped straight from whipple in most cases

Reactions
Sorry, been off the radar for a bit with work - so yes this is a custom build from Voodoo AutoSport in Orange, CA. Dualsided IC with custom Charge Pipes. Got a custom CAI intake to match the Charge pipes going in right now along with a custom 3in exhaust to match the 3in downpipes from the Pure Turbo Stage 5 upgrades. Running a XDI HPFP60 with Series 2000 injectors (50% increase over stock) Just installing a Level10 Bullet Proof Trans rated 800lb torque and about to turn this BeaST up!
So, how was the install on the Level10? How much did they end up charging you?