Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wheels Have been Made!

Reactions
Just received the completion photo that my wheels are finished. They should be shipped out tomorrow with delivery next week. BC Forged RZ21 in Gloss Black 22x10.5 +30 .
1614909310634.png

I have been using the following photoshop for months to give me an idea of how each thing I add would look (custom emblem, wheels, drop, clean front with no plate) on my ST. It is slowly coming together as planned!
1614913101624.png

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
That’s a fun email to get.

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
That’s a fun email to get.
I placed two wheel set orders with them at the same time at the beginning of February... so I figured I wouldn't see anything until after at least six weeks. It took 4 weeks exactly for these to be made. I've been checking email everyday since the start of the month like a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive. Today was Christmas :)

Last edited:

F=MA

Reactions
Awesome !! Might just switch to the RZ21's if it's not too late.

Last edited:
Reactions
Just received the completion photo that my wheels are finished. They should be shipped out tomorrow with delivery next week. BC Forged RZ21 in Gloss Black 22x10.5 +30 .
View attachment 4414

I have been using the following photoshop for months to give me an idea of how each thing I add would look (custom emblem, wheels, drop, clean front with no plate) on my ST. It is slowly coming together as planned!
View attachment 4419
Those will look sweet!

F=MA

Reactions
So if your order at BC Forged is weeks from production and you decide to change the wheel you want do they kick you to the back of the line again?

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
So if your order at BC Forged is weeks from production and you decide to change the wheel you want do they kick you to the back of the line again?
Not entirely sure... depending on how far along they are you may be past the point pf no return. I'd be more concerned about the 50% nonrefundable deposit since these are all custom made to order. Talk to your rep and see what they say. Their order process is below:

1615161252475.png

What style do you want to switch to from the EH308?

F=MA

Reactions
Paid the 50% down but never received a profile drawing yet. Bet I get it in the morning :ROFLMAO:. Ordered the EH309's. Looked at all possible wheels and photoshopped them all onto the ST and determined I am still happy with the EH309's.

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
The profile pic was quick at about 2-3 days after I placed the order.

Those EH309s look great plus you know what they look like without photoshop on eec78's car. Very nice choice! Always a fan of a five star rim and BC Forged has plenty of nice split spoke ones. :)

F=MA

Reactions
According to Jonathan at BC Forged - As everything from forging to heat treating to lathing to milling to lathing to prep to finishing all happens within our quoted lead time, the process starts almost immediately and there is hardly any time for a design or sizing change to be made. FYI.

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
According to Jonathan at BC Forged - As everything from forging to heat treating to lathing to milling to lathing to prep to finishing all happens within our quoted lead time, the process starts almost immediately and there is hardly any time for a design or sizing change to be made. FYI.
That sounds on point to me. About the only things I would think you could possibly change is the finish and the color you want your center caps.

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
In between meetings today, I ran outside to meet UPS coming up the driveway with four big boxes. He jokingly asked if this was like Christmas for me and I grinned ear to ear... hell yeah!:) They shipped on Friday and arrived today. Great packaging! I've only opened one box so far but very happy with how they turned out. Need to open the rest tonight to make sure there are no damages. Here are some pics of the unboxing and the wheel style and finish.

1615329657107.png
1615329703163.png
1615329750062.png
1615329865804.png
1615329998959.png

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Looks good! You seem to have the same parts receiving area that I have! The dining room! Lol

F=MA

Reactions
I am about two weeks behind you !! How are the center caps held in place?

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #17
Looks good! You seem to have the same parts receiving area that I have! The dining room! Lol
LOL. I unboxed it in the basement, but it was too dark down there. So I brought the wheel up and place it on the breakfast nook table. It is one massive wheel for sure!

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
I am about two weeks behind you !! How are the center caps held in place?
But you will probably have them mounted before me. I need to get the tires mounted and balanced... then setup a visit to get them ceramic coated before they are ready for the ST.

stuffle69

Reactions
View attachment 4414

View attachment 4419

stuffle69

Reactions
Do you believe 22x11 with +35 offset with 315/35/22 tires will clear without any rubbing or sticking outside the fenders ?

Explorer ST Posts