Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wheels Have been Made!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
That’s almost 1/2” closer to the strut up front. It would be very, very close. Too close for my comfort.

Reactions
Do you believe 22x11 with +35 offset with 315/35/22 tires will clear without any rubbing or sticking outside the fenders ?
Versus the OE 21" setup, with your setup the wheel would extend out on the outside just over an inch (about 28mm) and inside would be around 3/4" closer to the struts (about 22mm). So it would hang outside the fender a touch in the rear and a bit more in the front. As far as rubbing, I can't say, overall OD is good but it sounds like it is going to be a bit close to the strut.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Versus the OE 21" setup, with your setup the wheel would extend out on the outside just over an inch (about 28mm) and inside would be around 3/4" closer to the struts (about 22mm). So it would hang outside the fender a touch in the rear and a bit more in the front. As far as rubbing, I can't say, overall OD is good but it sounds like it is going to be a bit close to the strut.
It won’t stick out that far at that width and offset. About 3mm further than a +30 10.5 which is dead flush up front. The rear fitment can be made the same by setting rear camber at -.5*
A +35 11” wheel would be inside the rear fender at oem alignment specs.

stuffle69

Reactions
It won’t stick out that far at that width and offset. About 3mm further than a +30 10.5 which is dead flush up front. The rear fitment can be made the same by setting rear camber at -.5*
Ok so it would clear the inside suspension ? since it will be in a little more than your setup?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Those wheels are pretty! What size and brand of tire are you going with?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Ok so it would clear the inside suspension ? since it will be in a little more than your setup?
Like I posted it would be very close. Too close for comfort for me especially considering tires don’t run a consistent width regardless of the size so there’s no way to account for the true amount of tire bulge.

Reactions
Whoops, yeh there's about 30mm clearance from the OE rears and fenders, so it would NOT stick out a touch with that extra 28mm of the +35 11" wheel, I was wrong there.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Whoops, yeh there's about 30mm clearance from the OE rears and fenders, so it would NOT stick out a touch with that extra 28mm of the +35 11" wheel, I was wrong there.
The front wheel would stick out about 3 mm. The rear wheel would be under the fender. This isn’t taking any tire bulge into account.

F=MA

Reactions

I will be going through this soon. I will be installing the same wheels and tires as eec78 i.e. 10.5x22 +30 BC Forged EH309 with Pirelli Asimmetrico 305/35ZR22. "The rear fitment can be made the same by setting rear camber at -.5* " I can't remember if I read somewhere it took special tweaking to set the rear camber at -.5*. Once again I won't be aligning myself and will need to relay specific instructions to the technician. Please elaborate if you can.

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #30
Do you believe 22x11 with +35 offset with 315/35/22 tires will clear without any rubbing or sticking outside the fenders ?
I don't have mine on just yet, but have no doubt my setup will work without any problems or rubbing. This setup has been tested by many others here already and one member himself worked with BC Forged to take measurements for proper clearance with the most aggressive stance out to the fenders. There are plenty of sites that can help with showing how much of a difference going from one tire to another impacts your setup. Here is an example visually showing the difference you are looking for:
1616120124885.png
I believe others may have confirmed a 315 is possible on my setup but with the increase wheel width and offset change you requested it would be 0.4" closer to the suspension and frame... without having them on, I couldn't tell you how much wiggle room there is. With that said the 315/35/22 is a perfect +1 setup from an overall total diameter size which means 0 impact to speedometer and odometer readings. I see our resident wheel expert @UNBROKEN has chimed in and I would defer to his recommendations.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I will be going through this soon. I will be installing the same wheels and tires as eec78 i.e. 10.5x22 +30 BC Forged EH309 with Pirelli Asimmetrico 305/35ZR22. "The rear fitment can be made the same by setting rear camber at -.5* " I can't remember if I read somewhere it took special tweaking to set the rear camber at -.5*. Once again I won't be aligning myself and will need to relay specific instructions to the technician. Please elaborate if you can.
Just tell your alignment shop that’s where you want it set at. There’s enough room in the adjustments.

F=MA

Reactions
Wheels still 7 to 10 days out. Hell, I will have a different ST by then. :ROFLMAO:

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #34
Going to get the wheels ceramic coated tomorrow. In loading up the car I took one out and placed it next to the ST. Love the Gloss Black on these wheels! In case anyone wants to go with a Brushed Dark Black finish on a Rapid Red, I put one from my other car (these are only 20" in a slightly different style) next to the ST.
1616955641488.png
1616955741440.png
1616955821008.png

F=MA

Reactions
Received my photo today. Now comes the rough ride to deliverance. Also picked up a red set of center caps for variety. Here is what it will look like thanks to EEC. The BC Forged center caps are held in place by a double o-ring. There is lube on the o-rings and the center cap pops out by tapping it from the inside with the blunt end of a hammer handle or something similar. Pushes in and snaps into place by hand. You remove the BC Forged metal tire valve covers if you are using Tire Pressure Monitors. FYI.

INV4450CP.jpg
E3BBD0BD-7C2E-49BF-96E6-839A421E881F (2).jpeg

Last edited:
OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #37
Received my photo today. Now comes the rough ride to deliverance. Also picked up a red set of center caps for variety. Here is what it will look like thanks to EEC.
Congrats! That is a such a nice email to receive. I received the pic on a Thursday, shipped on Friday and delivered on Tuesday. With the other set pic came on Friday, shipped the same day and delivered on Monday.

F=MA

Reactions
Wheels were shipped from Taichung City, Taiwan and are somewhere between Anchorage, AK and I assume Memphis, TN then flying to Wichita, KS for a 4-2-2021 delivery.

F=MA

Reactions
But you will probably have them mounted before me. I need to get the tires mounted and balanced... then setup a visit to get them ceramic coated before they are ready for the ST.
Let see some photos !! I am scheduled for this Saturday install. Haven't even opened three of the boxes yet. I better get to it. No dings in the boxes at least.

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #40
Let see some photos !! I am scheduled for this Saturday install. Haven't even opened three of the boxes yet. I better get to it. No dings in the boxes at least.
I was very impressed with their packaging. I'm sure the other three boxes are just fine. I did have the wheels (both sets) ceramic coated last week. Now they are back in the boxes until I can setup an install. I want to get the tires mounted to these with the touchless machine process and found a place two hours away. I also just received TPMS sensors I ordered so I can keep the metal valve stems the wheels came with. What are you doing for TPMS on Saturday? Are you keeping the metal stems or replacing them with whatever they have or bringing your own? I had a local place lined up but I didn't get the warm and fuzzies when I started asking them questions about TPMS and wanting to keep my custom wheel valve stems. That is why I'm going out of my way to find a place I trust. It just may take a few weeks with work and family scheduling. I'm in no rush as I told myself late April to early May the wheels would be done for both cars. I'm right on schedule. For now I just have these pshop pics to reference what they will look like when done. Can't wait to see your real pics on Saturday!
1617931474697.png 1617931330875.png

Attachments