Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What’s the fastest you had your ST

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Just curious what’s the fastest anyone has driven their ST. I hit 135 mph today on the autobahn. Felt good. Still had plenty more to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
lucky bastard.. i hit triple digits and automatically shit my pants looking for cops.. definitely curious how it drives up in the 130s and 140s.. anybody know what the governed top speed is?

Reactions
governed at 145.
ive got mine to 111. drove smooth as glass.
however, i live in los angeles. so theres not much open highway out here at pretty much any time of day.

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Yea I agree it was pretty smooth. Not sure I will try and break 135 but way better than I thought. Fun blowing past a Mercedes.

Reactions
I put the pedal on the floor and I didn't lift until 137 when she got a little wobbly. She was still keeping me in my seat and if it was going to top out at 143, it was going to be an abrupt governor cutoff.
PJ

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Nice! Where do live to drive that fast? I think I may take Ford’s word on the top speed even on the autobahn.

Reactions
I used to live in VT and there's a stretch of Rt 4 that runs from Rt 30 to the bridge crossing the end of lake Bomoseen. We go up in the summer. In the 70's I ran a '65 365 GTC Daytona Ferrari up to 155 on the same road. I go early morning and run it both ways to check for traps & traffic. I'll measure the distance this year...

I try to stay under 100 here in MA, but sometimes it's just sooooo hard to behave...

PJ

Reactions
Lol..... love this thread, hit 127 , only let up because curve was coming up.....

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Looks like I have to up my game now. I may wait until it’s lowered.

Reactions
update: since Los Angeles freeways are very light these days, i got mine to 116, still had plenty of power and 4 gears to wind out.

Reactions
Are handling and top speed affected by having the ST in Sport mode rather than in the standard mode?

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
Are handling and top speed affected by having the ST in Sport mode rather than in the standard mode?
I don’t believe so. Just the shifting characteristics change in sport mode from what I understand. That would be cool though if the suspension adjusted as well.

Reactions
Reactions
Yup ...... Gotta love TX There are so many places one can open it up and not worry about being stopped.

Reactions
Wonder if any of the tunes will override the electronic limiter ?

Reactions
Close to 120

Reactions

on New Jersey turnpike@ 3am , my state trooper friend wanted to see if he could keep up in his Explorer. He didn’t lol