Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What’s the fastest you had your ST

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
150 yesterday. The wife was starting to get pissy so I let off.

Reactions
Nice! I’m patiently waiting to do a tune once I get the downpipes done maybe. Still going back and forth with myself on doing an intercooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #24
Wow, that’s crazy especially in the States with those speed limits. I’m scared to do that on the autobahn here in Germany.

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Just curious what’s the fastest anyone has driven their ST. I hit 135 mph today on the autobahn. Felt good. Still had plenty more to go.

I was stationed in Germany for 4yrs. (just south of Mainz) I had a BMW 325 that I bought there in late 2001. It would peg at 130 and about 5k RPM in 5th gear. (which honestly, was fast enough). Amazingly, I'd still get about 20mpg!
Those are amazing highways and It'd be fun having the ST there. Did they sell them in Germany or are you stationed there and brought it over?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Wow, that’s crazy especially in the States with those speed limits. I’m scared to do that on the autobahn here in Germany.

Wasn’t planning on it...but a mile or so of empty, flat interstate presented itself.

Reactions
Have a tuned ST
Tuned with 5 star calibration
Have had it to 148 MPH & backed off
Was still pulling hard[burnout]

Reactions
Have a tuned ST
Tuned with 5 star calibration
Have had it to 148 MPH & backed off
Was still pulling hard[burnout]
How does she handle at 148?

Reactions
How does she handle at 148?
I was on a blacktop road in rural AZ near Tonopah
Has a few dips & not very smooth so the dips make it a little harry at that speed
That is why I backed out of it
Not sure where it would top out
I have read somewhere that the Police Pursuit versions have a limited top end of 148

Reactions
Just curious what’s the fastest anyone has driven their ST. I hit 135 mph today on the autobahn. Felt good. Still had plenty more to go.

Golly gee whiz you guys... so far I’ve done 75 in the Smoky Mountains.
I one time earned three speeding tickets in a week long trip in a Porsche C4 Cab. I’m still paying outrageous premiums!

Reactions
4 MPH's from the governor !!
i think we have a new winner !

Reactions
I was on a blacktop road in rural AZ near Tonopah
Has a few dips & not very smooth so the dips make it a little harry at that speed
That is why I backed out of it
Not sure where it would top out
I have read somewhere that the Police Pursuit versions have a limited top end of 148
I feel you on those rural AZ roads. I got mine up to 130 on Eagle Eye Road, definitely in Mexico :ROFLMAO:, and that was fast enough on that on that rough and curvy, dip filled road...

Reactions
I feel you on those rural AZ roads. I got mine up to 130 on Eagle Eye Road, definitely in Mexico :ROFLMAO:, and that was fast enough on that on that rough and curvy, dip filled road...
Been on Eagle eye road many times
We also ride our RZR's across the desert from our home to Eagle eye RD
Take it south across Salome Highway to sore finger Road where there is an overpass on I-10 in the middle of nowhere & loop back home on backroads
About a 100 mile loop

Reactions
Been on Eagle eye road many times
We also ride our RZR's across the desert from our home to Eagle eye RD
Take it south across Salome Highway to sore finger Road where there is an overpass on I-10 in the middle of nowhere & loop back home on backroads
About a 100 mile loop
Me too. My grandparents used to live in Eagles’ Roost, in Aguila. The Harquahalas are beatiful! Lots of fun trails out there!

Reactions
Since I only had about a month to play with my ST, I didn't get past 105, but I was surprised how well it handled at that speed... It literally felt like 60mph. Looking forward to playing with my '21, to see how it flies... lol

Reactions
About 120. Short stretch of road that was very bubby. Still pretty stable.

Reactions
115 coming out of Texas into Raton NM, then I started getting nervous about getting a ticket. I still have a 95 in a 75 and 58 in 45 on my record. :p