Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What’s the fastest you had your ST

Ketup314

Reactions
I got to the 143 limit on I-94 Indiana. Not gonna lie it was pretty sketchy. But the car was firmly planted in the road

Reactions
Signed the papers on my fiancés today and hit 127 on the way home.

Reactions
Assuming you can disable the governor? what does it really top out at? 127 was my high. So far...

Reactions
Assuming you can disable the governor? what does it really top out at? 127 was my high. So far...
143 is the limit stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave G ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Just curious what’s the fastest anyone has driven their ST. I hit 135 mph today on the autobahn. Felt good. Still had plenty more to go.

I was stationed in Germany in 1991 and took over an 85' Ford Mustang with a 4 cyl. It topped out at 110-115. Surprisingly I did not blow up the engine. Can you still drive as fast as you want to on the autobahn? Also they were smart and always had red lights in town change to blinking lights at night so you never had to wait.

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #48
I was stationed in Germany in 1991 and took over an 85' Ford Mustang with a 4 cyl. It topped out at 110-115. Surprisingly I did not blow up the engine. Can you still drive as fast as you want to on the autobahn? Also they were smart and always had red lights in town change to blinking lights at night so you never had to wait.
Some spots are still no speed limit. I drive 120 mph on the way to work. Pretty cool. Drivers are much better here too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Jshaffer3819, My wife and I were both stationed in Germany back in 82 - 84, she in Frankfurt, Me in Sembach, I still have many fond memories of Ktown, best Jager Schnitzel and curry wurst's ever. Castle tours and so much more. and cruisin on the 'bahn. Oh to be there with an ST now you lucky, lucky driver.

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #50
Jshaffer3819, My wife and I were both stationed in Germany back in 82 - 84, she in Frankfurt, Me in Sembach, I still have many fond memories of Ktown, best Jager Schnitzel and curry wurst's ever. Castle tours and so much more. and cruisin on the 'bahn. Oh to be there with an ST now you lucky, lucky driver.
Yes it’s pretty cool. Definitely enjoy cruising at 120 on the autobahn. My HQ is at Sembach. Germany is nice but these lockdowns are getting to me.

Reactions
I went over their to the large Agritechnica Ag Farm Show in Hanover maybe ? https://www.agritechnica.com/en/ Rental car we had was a clunker, I would red line it and see these LED lights go "blink blink" behind me a longgggggggggggg ways back and the next thing I knew...…. swoosh they were flying by me in a big BMW or Mercedes etc. Saw some new nice Mustangs etc. I loved it, considering going to work for Claas farm equipment and they originate from over there, hopefully I can take my wife someday.

Sorry for the boring story, back on track. Ty

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #52
I went over their to the large Agritechnica Ag Farm Show in Hanover maybe ? https://www.agritechnica.com/en/ Rental car we had was a clunker, I would red line it and see these LED lights go "blink blink" behind me a longgggggggggggg ways back and the next thing I knew...…. swoosh they were flying by me in a big BMW or Mercedes etc. Saw some new nice Mustangs etc. I loved it, considering going to work for Claas farm equipment and they originate from over there, hopefully I can take my wife someday.

Sorry for the boring story, back on track. Ty
Not boring at all, very true. I was cruising yesterday at 112 mph and had to move over for a Porsche flying by. It’s crazy. These cars here were made to run on the autobahn. The BMW wagons really fly by. Always have to pass on the left and get right back over because there is always someone going faster than you. Fun though.

Blackssr

Reactions
150 yesterday. The wife was starting to get pissy so I let off.
Was she running behind the car or in the passenger seat? Sorry had to ask.

Reactions
118 or so coming home from work. I have gone 165 in my old Mustang GT racing a 928 Porsche from State College PA to the Ohio border,that was a blast and kinda scary all the truckers stayed in the right lane for us and we were clean and green to Ohio.

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #56
Was going 115 mph on the autobahn today and got passed by a VW. I blew back past him at 135.

Reactions
Return trip from Florida had a couple miles of no traffic or cops took her to 126 mph before the wife started to freak. Nice smooth ride just some wind noise.

RWestphal

Reactions
Just curious what’s the fastest anyone has driven their ST. I hit 135 mph today on the autobahn. Felt good. Still had plenty more to go.

116 for me - had to back off but I had more room for sure

Reactions
Just hit 125 today :cool: def felt like she was just getting started