Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What’s the fastest you had your ST

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I’ve pushed mine to 155mph quite easily on Premium 93 fuel. If I had more clear pavement it would likely pull a few more mph as the trans shifts right at 154mph.

My 2018 Ecoboost Raptor pulls 140mph and it’s a heavy brick.

My “old” 2011 Ducati 1198SP pulls 185mph, depending on the gearing I have in it. It always pulls to redline, so its not power/drag-limited. Well, it doesn’t have enough power to pull 200mph though, no matter the gearing. Aero drag increases exponentially…

My 2015 Honda CBR1000S ran up to 170mph, but the area wasn’t clear enough to continue. I don’t pass cars or weave in/out st triple-digit speeds.

All speeds GPS-verified of course.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer XLT ST
I’ve pushed mine to 155mph quite easily on Premium 93 fuel. If I had more clear pavement it would likely pull a few more mph as the trans shifts right at 154mph.

My 2018 Ecoboost Raptor pulls 140mph and it’s a heavy brick.

My “old” 2011 Ducati 1198SP pulls 185mph, depending on the gearing I have in it. It always pulls to redline, so its not power/drag-limited. Well, it doesn’t have enough power to pull 200mph though, no matter the gearing. Aero drag increases exponentially…

My 2015 Honda CBR1000S ran up to 170mph, but the area wasn’t clear enough to continue. I don’t pass cars or weave in/out st triple-digit speeds.

All speeds GPS-verified of course.
Wow, I would love to see that in person!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Not without a new ECU or a piggyback you didn't.
Same PCM that came in it and nothing piggybacked…it’s called a tune and lots of us have them. Been north of 160 plenty of times.

Reactions
Vehicle
Same PCM that came in it and nothing piggybacked…it’s called a tune and lots of us have them. Been north of 160 plenty of times.
What software did you use to tune an OEM Ford ECU without piggybacking if you don't mind me asking?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Plenty of options out there with SCT and HP Tuners being the most common. I use HP tuners.
Plenty of threads here on tuning.

Reactions
Vehicle
Plenty of options out there with SCT and HP Tuners being the most common. I use HP tuners.
Plenty of threads here on tuning.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

T5ewell

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
I’ve gotten my 2020 to 148 or 149 in sport, not sure why it’s believed the governer is only at 145, car is bone stock from the dealership.
anyone know a way to disable the governor without a full blown tune? Tune will come eventually but I’m just looking to see 150 on the dash.
Last car could almost touch 200 and I’d be more than happy if this boat could touch 150

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I’ve gotten my 2020 to 148 or 149 in sport, not sure why it’s believed the governer is only at 145, car is bone stock from the dealership.
anyone know a way to disable the governor without a full blown tune? Tune will come eventually but I’m just looking to see 150 on the dash.
Last car could almost touch 200 and I’d be more than happy if this boat could touch 150
They’re speed limited to 143. It can be found in the tuning software if you have access.

T5ewell

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
They’re speed limited to 143. It can be found in the tuning software if you have access.
How can that be? I know for certian I saw 148 on my dash and possibly click to 149 before I let off.
Is there any way to disable just the governer? Maybe that had been done?
Any way to scan the car for coding or modification?

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I was stationed in Germany for 4yrs. (just south of Mainz) I had a BMW 325 that I bought there in late 2001. It would peg at 130 and about 5k RPM in 5th gear. (which honestly, was fast enough). Amazingly, I'd still get about 20mpg!
Those are amazing highways and It'd be fun having the ST there. Did they sell them in Germany or are you stationed there and brought it over?
I bought a 2006 325i that I got tuned over there. Got it to 160 running it out of gas to ship it on the 62 north of Ramstein. Had one of the shit boxes that only do 100 kph go to pass someone in front of me. It's amazing how fast you cover that ground.

Topher10

Reactions
150 on the Bonneville salt flats in Utah last year, she was still going but running out of space. Ride was like butter, did not expect it from an suv.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Had her up to 120mph this weekend. Not a lot of room in southeast Nebraska but I did what I could on an early Sunday morning.