Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Explorer22ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
Today I installed the 3rd zone climate control and rear heated seats module. My truck is a 2022 and it was built without the controls. I along with everyone else was credited for the removal. Installation was super easy and took around 10 mins to complete. The rear seats have the elements and all wiring installed and the rear centre console where the module is located has the wiring taped that controls the settings. Pics are included here, along with the part number for the controls. I bought the control unit from Camelback Ford in Arizona. They had it in stock, but only this one.
Thanks very much for sharing this information and the photos. So if I order this same part number, LB5Z19980G, it will work to control the HVAC and heated seats in my 2022 ST? I'm not very mechanical so I'd just like to confirm with you please. Thanks again for sharing!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
1600$ after all was said and done. I’m getting ppf in about a month but will keep ya posted
That's a steal of a deal!

JDHRNC

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thanks very much for sharing this information and the photos. So if I order this same part number, LB5Z19980G, it will work to control the HVAC and heated seats in my 2022 ST? I'm not very mechanical so I'd just like to confirm with you please. Thanks again for sharing!
Yes, if you can get the part it’s a simple install and everything works as designed. No programming is necessary.

enthalpy

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Tonight I installed afe intake on my 2022. The intake has a whole for blow off valve that mine doesnt have. I am an hvac tech and made a cap that threads in can be removed if needed later. 9EB03BE5-B243-46C5-9E19-65785E8C81EC.jpeg 26FE5B94-273A-49E5-BC73-D9DD5FE462B1.jpeg
3/4" pvc threaded male and a cap.Use schedule 40 not 20, 20 will void warranty, haha. I glued the cap on with pvc glue. You could add a little glue to threads if you don't plan on removing it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Reactions
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
Are they a bolt on or do they need to be modified? They look good! Jim
They're bolt on. One side has two screws that "pinch" onto the jacking point. Some may choose to cut a small piece of plastic off of the skirting to get a better fit.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
They're bolt on. One side has two screws that "pinch" into the jacking point. Some may choose to cut a small piece of plastic off of the skirting to get a better fit.
Yup the rears need a small amount cut out to sit flush. Just use a utility knife and you’re golden

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Today I installed the 3rd zone climate control and rear heated seats module. My truck is a 2022 and it was built without the controls. I along with everyone else was credited for the removal. Installation was super easy and took around 10 mins to complete. The rear seats have the elements and all wiring installed and the rear centre console where the module is located has the wiring taped that controls the settings. Pics are included here, along with the part number for the controls. I bought the control unit from Camelback Ford in Arizona. They had it in stock, but only this one.
Can’t wait to do this. Did you have to change any settings to make it work? My new ‘22 also deleted the rear auto lift gate. Have you looked for those parts too?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Washed my wheels today. Been remodeling my bathroom for a month and the ST is facing some serious neglect. Hoping to be done in a couple weeks so i can give the ST some love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDHRNC

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Can’t wait to do this. Did you have to change any settings to make it work? My new ‘22 also deleted the rear auto lift gate. Have you looked for those parts too?
No the rear climate controls were plug and play, no settings needed changing. I haven’t looked into the handsfree lift gate parts as I have read on here others have issues with them opening and closing unexpectedly.

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/my-tailgate-is-possessed-i-need-a-priest.1619/

Here’s a post discussing the handsfree tailgate issues.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I had a mouth-breather try to pass me into oncoming traffic on a double-yellow. I nudged the right pedal and he changed his mind.