Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Just put these on yesterday. Brake pad was a little tough.
Yup. I looked at the reviews on Amazon & some muppet had given them 1 star because they didn't come with instructions & were "sitting unused in the garage, save your money"... & yet he'd overlooked there were instructions on the Amazon page right above his review... :)

Reactions
Tried out a $20 Amazon foam cannon… pretty pleased with how it performed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Finally ordered my exhaust and will be redoing my calipers!! Super excited to get going modding the ST more!!

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
"What Have You Done To Your ST Today"

I checked underneath the vehicle to see if the single rear axle bolt was intact and everything was still in one piece. ALL GOOD!(y)

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer Platinum
"What Have You Done To Your ST Today"

I checked underneath the vehicle to see if the single rear axle bolt was intact and everything was still in one piece. ALL GOOD!(y)
Did you set the parking brake on before you crawled underneath? I'm trying to develop the habit and so far it's about 50-50.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Did you set the parking brake on before you crawled underneath? I'm trying to develop the habit and so far it's about 50-50.
hahaha

I told a guy last week about the rear one bolt thing and he got underneath to look at it.
I was nervous for him and eventually told him to get out!

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Was it parked on a side hill?

Cruise72

Reactions
Added in-channel vent visors purchased from SuperAutoUSA.

20220430_145828.jpg

Installation Notes:
  • In order for the windows to roll up with no issues, rear flanges from the first row visors and front flanges from the second row visors have to be wedged between the gloss black B Pillar trim and the rubber trim. All other flanges slide into the window channel.
  • Tesa tape was added to the metal retaining clips in order to prevent potential window scratching/window tint marring.
  • When installing the retaining clips, the barb side contacts the rubber trim and the smooth side contacts the visor.
20220430_144445.jpg

Driving Notes:
  • No significant increase in wind noise when driving city speeds.
  • At highway speeds, there is a slight increase in wind noise. With music playing though, the increased wind noise isn't noticeable.

Attachments

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Installed the Whipple and put the blacked out front badge on.
I could've had the patience to install the badge. Maybe.

FMIC? NOPE!

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
They are not that hard, I did mine a few weeks ago. The hardest part is getting those two bolts out that attaches the bumper cover to the fender on each side.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Installed my AFE Intake. Thanks Tyler and Lethal Performance! Made sure I had a #20 hose clamp on hand to replace the factory clamp on my bypass hose. Easy install, except the bypass clamp and driver's turbo clamp! Between the lack of room and my right hand still healing from a metacarpal break, those weren't fun.

20220430_215552.jpg

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
They are not that hard, I did mine a few weeks ago. The hardest part is getting those two bolts out that attaches the bumper cover to the fender on each side.
Sorry, you lost me at they're not "that" hard. Lol

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Installed a battery pack for extended Park Mode and isolation from the car's battery, for my THINKWARE Q800PRO dash cam. Easy peasy if you already have the hardwire cable installed to your fusebox--you just need ACC (spare fuse 37) and ground. I have the unit sitting underneath the driver's seat.
BAB50_01.jpg
51Cu8+ELCIL._AC_SL1083_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/THINKWARE-iVolt-Mini-External-Battery/dp/B07YGVQ1V3?ref_=ast_sto_dp
Edit: price seems to fluctuate. I paid $209.

Last edited:

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Got the 0 gauge run through the firewall. Shout out to @UNBROKEN for the great spot next to the cabin air filter. Why do my hands always look like I went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson whenever I am fishing wires???

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Had a tidy up in the garage so it doesn't live in the side yard... Not quite there yet...

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Put in my new XS battery with the charging port idea I stole from @UNBROKEN

Then I got the Check Charging System soon message. Worried I screwed something up with that bogus plate that mounts on the positive post. Turned out I missed reconnecting a small connector on the ground connector. Whew!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Got the exhaust yesterday and couldn't wait for the weekend! Easy install and definitely adds A LOT of character to the ST!!

Attachments