Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Where did you get the black emblems with no chrome. Love the look
I don’t remember. I had it for a year or so and finally put it on. It’s an oem emblem painted black. It did come in a oem labeled package. Try Etsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Where did you get the black emblems with no chrome. Love the look
Here is a close up of the rear one that I’m not putting on.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
New license plate accessory
Plus I ventured to find out at what speed this baby is limited to.. wow is she fast! IMG_20220412_112927_970.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
Finally got around to installing the Steeda rear sway bar and Bora spacers (1" front, 1.25" rear). H&R springs go in next week, then gotta find time to install the Whipple.

Just glad my pile of parts is getting smaller!

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Finally got around to installing the Steeda rear sway bar and Bora spacers (1" front, 1.25" rear). H&R springs go in next week, then gotta find time to install the Whipple.

Funny about your parts pile, mine is still quite large. Been stuck on sound for a while. Might take a break next weekend to do springs, sway bar, intercooler.

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions

You had to trim the front lugs for the 1" spacers? I have the same sizes sitting in my garage waiting.

Reactions
You had to trim the front lugs for the 1" spacers? I have the same sizes sitting in my garage waiting.
Yep, I trimmed the front studs about 1/4” (errored on the side of a little more) to accommodate the 1” spacers.

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
New license plate accessory
Plus I ventured to find out at what speed this baby is limited to.. wow is she fast!
So what did you see? :)

Reactions
Looks awesome. Thanks for the suggestion
Lit logos has customizable ones. UNBROKEN linked in one of the FB groups. Just shop under Focus/Fiesta

Reactions
How does the brace not flex when it has a rotating joint right where it is supposed to be stiff and immobile?
Got a response from Tony the engineering genius behind AWR on this question.

Here goes.

“If you take a closer look at how Ford mounted the Differential you will see why we did what we did.
The front bushings are horizontal with a vertical bolt going through them to locate.
The rear bushing is vertical with a horizontal mounting bolt fore and aft.
Our mount is also horizontal but the mounting bolt is also horizontal.
So you actually have 3 different mounting mechanisms to fully secure the differential
Neither of these is an absolute solid design and should not be.
The only way this mount would rotate is if the front mounts completely disintegrated and it would still have to fight the rear OEM mount to be able to do this!”

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
So what did you see? :)
230km/h or 143mph
She didn't seem to want to go higher but maybe I just didn't stay in it long enough. Things are going very quick at that speed and I think I'd like to do a few more things to get her feeling more planted. She felt a bit like she was floating and that was scary for me.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Threw a couple light coats of radiator paint on my Whipple.
Intercooler.jpg

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
What is radiator paint and what is it's purpose?
It's purpose it to turn it from aluminum to black :D

I used Eastwood Radiator paint. It is supposed to be thinner and more heat conductive than regular paint. Don't know if it is or not but I have used it in the past with good results. I just didn't want to see any bare aluminum through the grill.

Reactions
Shit canned the Thermal R&D exhaust tips and went with something that looks similar to the Borla S Type exhaust but in Carbon Fiber from Hot Rod Scott's in the Toronto Canada area. They had the weld on end so ground a gap on each side so they could be clamped on. (they could custom make what you want) Used a U clamp versus the Borla type single bolt clamp as the Borla type clamp wanted to slide off the tip towards the muffler when attempting to center in bumper exhaust tip hole and tighten the Borla type clamp. U clamp solved that issue. These slide over the exhaust pipe extensions on the outlet of the Thermal mufflers and bottom out in about the right place so they are fully engaged on the muffler stub. These are ten inches long max and are twin 4 inch outlets including the roller carbon fiber covers. The rest of the tips are a flat black. They have none rolled tips also.

Thermal

View attachment 11286

Hot Rod Scott's Rolled Carbon Fiber 4 inch Quad Tips

View attachment 11287

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/p...meline&referral_code=profile_pinned_shop_card

https://hotrodscottsonline.ca/products/63
I got my Borla Atak system at Hot Rods Scott last year, as well as many other vehicles in the past. They do great work.

Chingus

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST - Forged Green
Replaced the chrome lugs with black. Also ceramic coated the rims inside and out. 20220412_192145.jpg

Reactions
What brand ceramic coat did you use?