Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Used it to fetch a replacement water heater. Got the unit on its platform last night, connected to water and gas this morning. I can't stand cold showers. :D

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I did the other three & got done just before noon :)
While I was down there up front I also gave that big plastic valance panel a wipe. Can't believe the amount of weld spatter all over the steel parts of the suspendies & structure etc

. View attachment 9974

View attachment 9975
I did the same this weekend........Good to see Im not the only OCD nutjob on this forum :)

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Did a 93 5 star tune on it maybe tint this weekend next

JDHRNC

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

Attachments

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Where to buy that center console ?
That’s from an Aviator. You have to buy all of the parts and put it together yourself. I was never able to find a complete salvaged one so I just bought new.

Reactions

JDHRNC

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Good find. Does it actually charge faster than the centre console wireless charger? I find all the built in one does is maintain while you are using the phone.
I’m not sure yet, I haven’t driven far enough to know if it does charge better than the centre console charger. I will let you know when I do.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Their springs and sway bar are nice additions. The strut brace won’t change anything handling wise but it cleans up under the hood nicely.
When bought as a package the brace gets added for about $100. I do recall seeing your earlier comments on the STB. I do a lot of highway driving - a better handling vehicle is a safer vehicle, plus it certainly boosts the fun factor on winding roads.

EdMan63

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Received mine about a week ago. Installed last week. Truck handles much better with no real degradation of the ride quality. The springs don't lower it a ton in the rear but the front is nice. Overall it looks great though.
Could you give me an estimate of the labor hours required to install the Steeda kit?

thanks

EdMan63

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Could you give me an estimate of the labor hours required to install the Steeda kit?

thanks
I work at a Ford dealership and had the tech's do it. It took pretty much most of the day including the alignment. I paid $900 for everything. That was at cost. I've seen guys quoted anywhere from $400 to $1500 just for springs. It's all over the board. I would say expect to pay at least $500 plus an alignment.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I work at a Ford dealership and had the tech's do it. It took pretty much most of the day including the alignment. I paid $900 for everything. That was at cost. I've seen guys quoted anywhere from $400 to $1500 just for springs. It's all over the board. I would say expect to pay at least $500 plus an alignment.
I emailed Steeda - they said they would charge 6.5 hours including alignment.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Got 'er done. A little over $800 including alignment. Didn't get a chance to run it - tomorrow...

EdMan63

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Got 'er done. A little over $800 including alignment. Didn't get a chance to run it - tomorrow...
Good stuff. I’m sure you’ll be happy. Nice being able to get it done by Steeda.