Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Good stuff. I’m sure you’ll be happy. Nice being able to get it done by Steeda.
No, no - I talked with Steeda just to learn expected labor hours. Got it done at a local shop in Maryland.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Put FALKEN AZENIS FK460 A/S tires on my ST with 20" wheels. I took a gamble because I really like Michelin tires, but thought i would try the Falken tires. They ride perfect and would recommend them to anyone willing to switch from the Michelins.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Today I installed the Steeda Rear Toe Links, haven't driven it yet but I have the alignment scheduled for tomorrow. Install was pretty straight forward and they are really nice quality peices.

Reactions
If you set the length exactly what the factory pieces were you really shouldn’t need an alignment. I didn’t!

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
If you set the length exactly what the factory pieces were you really shouldn’t need an alignment. I didn’t!
That is to say that a car as set from the factory wouldn't/couldn't be out of alignment. That simply isn't the case. It's a great idea to at the least, have the alignment checked. No offense intended.

bguild

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Two days ago swapped out my Bench 2nd row for Captains 2nd row.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
De-installed the WeatherTech rain deflectors. Fine around town but too much wind noise at higher speeds. Burned $130.

Reactions
Vehicle
Yeah I had it real close, the driver side was within specs but the passenger side was slightly out just enough to turn it red. The tech did a good job getting them both on the money, tires are too expensive to risk it anyway so it's worth it to me.

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
De-installed the WeatherTech rain deflectors. Fine around town but too much wind noise at higher speeds. Burned $130.
Lol it’s already loud enough with the damn roof rails and whistling!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Lol it’s already loud enough with the damn roof rails and whistling!!
I must have gotten lucky - mine is reasonably quiet.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Whistling is usually the side mirror housing.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The wind noise is the roof rail pieces that come down to the windshield on the early models. Anything Over 40mph sounds like I have a window cracked open.

Reactions
Vehicle
Just got word ... front Swaybar is coming! 2-3 Weeks!

TJ
Great news! Since the rear was designed to balance with the OE front bar, will there be changes for the rear?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Used Forscan to turn off Double honk and allow Bambi mode. Installed the Autostop eliminator since all the Forscan attempts failed. Works like it should now.

Now if I could find the decal many of you have put on the front strut tower cross brace. They look good!

Edit: Oh, and the ST center caps!

Last edited:
Reactions
Used Forscan to turn off Double honk and allow Bambi mode. Installed the Autostop eliminator since all the Forscan attempts failed. Works like it should now.

Now if I could find the decal many of you have put on the front strut tower cross brace. They look good!

Edit: Oh, and the ST center caps!
Good start. Check out ESTY or Amazon for those type of things, also check out the brushed aluminum peddle covers. Low cost and functional upgrade.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
20230228_113811.jpg 20230228_113759.jpg
Took a pic of my new to me 21. Build date 11/20.