Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

WCbx

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Correct. No drilling involved. I know the owner of ID well…he texted me yesterday there’s a code for his braces right now. “nofear” will knock 15% off.
thank. Will take a look tomorrow.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Installed Autostop Eliminator. Interesting that this one goes in the steering column. I've only ever installed them in the OBD port before. Did my partner's new Bronco Sport at the same time and hers goes in line with the OBD port.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Installed Autostop Eliminator. Interesting that this one goes in the steering column. I've only ever installed them in the OBD port before. Did my partner's new Bronco Sport at the same time and hers goes in line with the OBD port.
It's crazier on the new F150's. FIL just got '22 and he has to take out the center front channel speaker to get to the proper wiring.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Why didn't you take the Forscan route?
Asking since you already have the required setup with you.
Hardware route is more reliable?

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Why didn't you take the Forscan route?
Asking since you already have the required setup with you.
Hardware route is more reliable?
Because Forscan can't fix the ASS.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Yeah unfortunately its temp on the Explorer when done through forescan. It will work till you cycle the engine and then it's back to the switch. Many attempts here to try it that way before going with the plug-and-play option.

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Technically yesterday but here is the 2.75” cpe exhaust system. 9756479A-8A61-4649-A925-067291369837.jpeg D7A7D8C8-57C2-4EC7-9248-A335ADE63B36.jpeg 00B228AD-CF23-4C25-A244-4722E56929C9.jpeg

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
What do you think about the sound? Looks good!
So far so good. Still need to get some more miles on it. Had an issue that is being sorted out now. Overall happy with exhaust. I’ll post clip later

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Pipes leading to back of the quad tips did not slide together and needed to be welded. So im guessing that is what may have caused them to stick out more. I will look underneath again to see if there is any slack that can bring them back in. For now they will stay on as I’m not putting stock exhaust back

mdl3v8

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Nice touch! Do you know the Part Number?
I also found the same number with an "A" on the end, JU5A 17E678 BA. Waiting for @mdl3v8 to confirm before I pull the trigger.
I actually really like that. Plug and play? Nothing to tweak with auto dimming or anything out of the ordinary?
The part number from mine (according to the ebay listing) is JU5A-17E678-BA. It’s auto dimming and plug and play. Prying off the trim above the mirror is the hardest part, but otherwise straight forward and simple. It looks like Ford uses the frameless mirror in several vehicles: Nautilus, Aviator, Corsair, Mach E. I got mine for roughly $80 shipped; mine came from LKQ so if you find one that’s accepting offers maybe toss in $75 and see what happens. I added several to my watchlist and ended up with offers from the sellers so that may get it for less than what it’s listed for too. The best part is that it wasn’t noticed by my wife so no complaints about spending money on car stuff, lol

Last edited:

CAR-15

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Finished the wrap, full ceramic coat. Very happy with it. We used 3M Satin Dark Grey. Left the top half black. Lots of custom little details that we did. Again, VERY happy with it!!

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Finished the wrap, full ceramic coat. Very happy with it. We used 3M Satin Dark Grey. Left the top half black. Lots of custom little details that we did. Again, VERY happy with it!!
That's beautiful! Did you have to remove and reattach the rear ST badge? If so, did you replace the two sided tape?

CAR-15

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
That's beautiful! Did you have to remove and reattach the rear ST badge? If so, did you replace the two sided tape?
Yes, I reused the ST badge using 3M tape. I purchased new hood letters from Ford. Only like $75 bucks.

I made a set of blackout badges for the Ford badges to black those out. For those we used 3M 2080 Gloss Black wrap film.

I also made a set of "FORD PERFORMANCE" decals that are on the back side windows. I used the same gray as the wrap for the word "FORD" and I used Oracal 751 vinyl for the red "PERFORMANCE".

These may not stay. Not sure if I like them.

Another thing, I used Adam's Graphene Ceramic Spray coating on the whole vehicle. It is so freaking easy to work with. It can go on all exterior surfaces of the car. Headlights, taillights, glass, rubber, plastic, wheels. floormats. I love it. Only lasts for a year but I detail my vehicles usually twice a year so I'm not worried about 7 year protection.

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Just got giving the ST its first wash since getting the H&R lowering springs installed. Love the way she sits now!! Shout out to Jeff and Travis at @hellhorseperformance for the install and alignment! Heading back soon the get the Thermal 3inch exhaust put on next!!

Attachments