Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST

WCbx

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thanks very much for sharing this information and the photos. So if I order this same part number, LB5Z19980G, it will work to control the HVAC and heated seats in my 2022 ST? I'm not very mechanical so I'd just like to confirm with you please. Thanks again for sharing!
Today I installed the 3rd zone climate control and rear heated seats module. My truck is a 2022 and it was built without the controls. I along with everyone else was credited for the removal. Installation was super easy and took around 10 mins to complete. The rear seats have the elements and all wiring installed and the rear centre console where the module is located has the wiring taped that controls the settings. Pics are included here, along with the part number for the controls.

I recently joined the forum. Came across your post. Just looked up the part and getting ready to order. Thank you for the pics. Two questions:
1. How difficult was it to remove the panel and what should I look for?
2. Does the rear seat heat control show in the climate controls on the
screen or is it completely controlled in the new rear controls?

I think that was more than two questions. Appreciate the work your put in your vehicle and thank you for your help.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Drove it to work, drove it home. Riveting stuff. I may miss out on Florida's gas tax holiday.

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Windshield replaced but not hearing creaking/squeaking from behind rear view mirror. Any tips?

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Went ahead and Plastidipped the chrome exhaust tips. When it starts to peel is when I get the Thermal 3inch exhaust lol. Looks good so far!

Attachments

voodothatido4u

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
After seeing that ceramic coat..I'm feeling like the rat pack with my changing the ST to Carbon Fiber Gloss on the front.:giggle: st2.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
I've seen a bunch of people put the hitch covers on. How are those holding up for you? Love the clean look...just worried about it holding up through upcoming winter, etc.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have an unhealthy relationship with Amazon. Lights for cup holders, glove box, console, bolts and washers for steeda strut tower brace.

Led Cup Holder Lights, 2 Pieces Car Cup Holder led Lights with 7 Colors USB Charging Mat Cup Pad Coaster Insert LED Interior Atmosphere Lamps https://a.co/d/eJ0Qvtu

1797 Interior Car Lights Wireless LED USB White Touch Sensor Magnetic for Auto Roof Ceiling Truck Armrest Glove Box Door Footwell 2Pcs https://a.co/d/0yXZfPt

Wanyifa Titanium Ti M8 x15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50 60m 1.25mm Pitch Hex Allen Socket Head Bolt Screws Pack of 4 (Square Head M8x50mm, Black) https://a.co/d/7PtqQnW

DEER U 1 1/8 inch 3K Super Light Bicycle Carbon Fiber Headset Top Cap (Weight:3 Grams) & Titanium Bolt MTB Bike https://a.co/d/4YM6Nzy

T5ewell

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Went ahead and Plastidipped the chrome exhaust tips. When it starts to peel is when I get the Thermal 3inch exhaust lol. Looks good so far!
Did you take anything off to do this or get a better coverage? The rear bumper or any lower variance pieces?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
On Sunday I installed the Steeda springs and got an alignment at my local Ford dealer. Not super low, but just enough; very happy with the look now. The fronts were straight-forward struts, but thanks to @UNBROKEN and @Cdubya for their advice for unbolting the upper control arm on the rears. That made it as easy as replacing the springs on my old SRA S197 Mustangs! I live in California, so unfortunately, I have to deal with asshole Democrats who vote for Newsom & Biden, but one nice thing is how clean the underside of my cars stay. 26K miles and it was spotless underneath.

This is what everyone says, but these springs (along with the Steeda RSB I already had on) really do make the car ride and handle like it should have from Ford. The ride is much more settled; the springs removed most of the secondary motions over bumps. Stock I would've said the ride was rough and uncomposed, now it's more German-car firm. My wife, who is used to the cloud-like ride of her Range Rover, took it to work Monday and agreed 100%. She was initially skeptical but agreed this made the car much better to drive. My tires are on their way out in the next few thousand miles so I'm excited to see how it is with better rubber. These springs are truly a must-have mod with no real downside. If you haven't done this yet, go drop the $350 and do it.

I didn't install the Steeda toe-links, but I most likely will this weekend. I also noticed my rear shocks were leaking, so I ordered a new set of Rock Auto ($61/ea) and will install those when they arrive. I know I probably could've gotten them replaced under warranty, but the new parts were pretty cheap and I'd be working back there again anyway.
Explorer Lowered.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Replaced the OEM rear license plate lights, rear turns, and reverse lights with LEDs. I used amber LEDs with built in resistors. There is plenty of room down and below the taillight assembly for them. No pics; I'm not a good photographer of light. They look great and function perfectly!

Thanks to @Doug for his DIY video highlighting so much, including removing the rear taillights.

Reactions
Replaced the OEM rear license plate lights, rear turns, and reverse lights with LEDs. I used amber LEDs with built in resistors. There is plenty of room down and below the taillight assembly for them. No pics; I'm not a good photographer of light. They look great and function perfectly!

Thanks to @Doug for his DIY video highlighting so much, including removing the rear taillights.
If you get brave and wanna snap a shot I'd Love to see how they came out

Reactions
RareFab out of Boynton Bch, FL installed whipple and AFE in my 21 ST yesterday. I am not mechanically inclined. Rely on the experts

Reactions
RareFab out of Boynton Bch, FL installed whipple and AFE in my 21 ST yesterday. I am not mechanically inclined. Rely on the experts
I'm afraid of the intercooler install myself every project has a lot of bolts left over when I do it

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
I'm afraid of the intercooler install myself every project has a lot of bolts left over when I do it
It deff comes down to your comfort level on this stuff. The good news is that the shop time is minimal. Any speed shop familiar with the eco boost motors will do for a reasonable price. even here on the east coast where we are I got a good price for the install.

I'm comfortable with the install just don't have the garage or lift access.