Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Installed Steeda strut tower brace.
Did yours fit OK? This is definitely not the original design. For one thing, the bends are further out. Did this fit OK? Another member stated that it didn't and that Steeda accepted a return.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Did yours fit OK? This is definitely not the original design. For one thing, the bends are further out. Did this fit OK? Another member stated that it didn't and that Steeda accepted a return.
It fit perfectly. Started all four bolts by hand and tighten them down with an air wrench.
Just don't do what I did and drop one of the spacers in the engine bay. That added 30 minutes to the install.:mad:

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
It fit perfectly. Started all four bolts by hand and tighten them down with an air wrench.
Just don't do what I did and drop one of the spacers in the engine bay. That added 30 minutes to the install.:mad:
Must have been a design change. My bends are much closer to the Steeda logo. Haha I did the exact same thing! Thankfully it hit the floor, so no added time, just a minor 2 second heart attack.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hmmmm I ordered one direct from Steeda a month ago and fit perfect

cagilber

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
IMG_0525.jpeg

I added a MBRP cat back exhaust system. :)

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Drove home for lunch and replaced the leaking rear shocks, Rock Auto had the best price. Not a bad leak, but I don't want to see any leak from my shocks, especially at 25K miles!
Rear Shock.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Added Putco LED's in the rear signal, back up, and license plate lamps. Also added these. I think they look great.

20221019_162143.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Drove it to work, drove it to Sam's, WalMart & Costco, then home. Riveting stuff, I know.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
As someone who owns a 2020, and has seen the ExST scene evolve from scratch, I remember when the man, the myth, the legend, Brett from FenFab was the only one making parts for this truck. So, it felt a little wrong that I didn't have any FenFab parts. Well that changed today! I threw on his ECU Cover in an attempt to further de-ugly this spaghetti-monster of an engine bay. And in an effort to dress-up my dress-up parts, I used titanium bolts and washers (same style as used on my strut tower brace) and added a badge from one of my dream cars. Added a little spice to the black cover and ties in with the red AFE badge on the CAI. Points if you know where this badge is from! Next is re-wrapping that wire loom next to the cover.

ECU Cover 1.jpg
ECU Cover 2.jpg

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
Thinking Nissan twin turbo maybe lol

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
Nice I immediately thought Skyline lol

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
One of my favorite cars, my '94 twin-turbo. Believe it or not, I also owned a '95 supra turbo. This was the better car.
1666318999722.jpeg

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I had to sell the zx due to an unfortunate business setback. I also had a '95 supra. Both unmodified, low mileage and perfect. Honestly, I miss the Z more than the supra- except for the prices the supra commands now!

Sorry to go off-topic- just shedding a tear!

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Love those old Z's. Very clean and not a color i've seen in person.

BillBeau

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21 ST
Drove home for lunch and replaced the leaking rear shocks, Rock Auto had the best price. Not a bad leak, but I don't want to see any leak from my shocks, especially at 25K miles!
View attachment 14799
Thats ford shocks for ya. Had to replace my7 2015 F150 shocks at 25k because of leaks. Just like you not bad but still. Luckily Bilstein had replacements. Much better ride IMHO.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
As someone who owns a 2020, and has seen the ExST scene evolve from scratch, I remember when the man, the myth, the legend, Brett from FenFab was the only one making parts for this truck. So, it felt a little wrong that I didn't have any FenFab parts. Well that changed today! I threw on his ECU Cover in an attempt to further de-ugly this spaghetti-monster of an engine bay. And in an effort to dress-up my dress-up parts, I used titanium bolts and washers (same style as used on my strut tower brace) and added a badge from one of my dream cars. Added a little spice to the black cover and ties in with the red AFE badge on the CAI. Points if you know where this badge is from! Next is re-wrapping that wire loom next to the cover.

View attachment 14813
View attachment 14815
You might want to move that wire harness that is to the left of the ECU cover. I had my cover on for a few months and it started to rub through the insulation on a couple wires. I moved the harness connecter to the left just a little and now it doesn't rub.